After years of shying away from social media, Friends actress Jennifer Aniston has joined Instagram - and her first photo was certainly a crowd pleaser.
The 50-year-old uploaded a photo of her and her fellow Friends cast mates including Courteney Cox, Lisa Kudrow, Matt LeBlanc, Matthew Perry and David Schwimmer.
The photo was taken during a recent reunion to celebrate 25 years since the sitcom aired. She captioned the post "And now we're Instagram FRIENDS too. HI INSTAGRAM."
Speaking about the cast reunion during a recent interview, Jennifer said they laughed "a lot" during the "civilised" dinner at Courteney Cox's house.
She said: "Schwimmer was in town and we all happened to have a window of time so we all got together. We laughed so hard."
Within an hour her account had gained 116,000 followers and the post had generated hundreds of thousands of likes before the platform crashed due to the high demand. A day later she has 2.8 million followers and counting.
Jennifer's ex-husband Justin Theroux, who she split from in 2017, was one of the first people to comment on the photograph as he wrote: "Woot-Woot."
Her close friend, fellow actress Reese Witherspoon commented "YASSSS!!! Welcome to Insta Jen!!!"
Jennifer hinted earlier this week that she was thinking about joining Instagram. Speaking about social media, she said "you can actually have a little bit more control over the narrative that's out there.
"[You can] right some wrongs and some silly things that, God knows, are said often. Maybe [I'll join]. You never know."
Watch: 3 times Jennifer Aniston handled vicious rumours like a boss. Article continues below.
Jennifer has recently spoken out about the public obsession with her personal life, saying it "diminishes everything I've succeeded at, and that I've built and created."
Rather than distracting her from her goals, however, she says it drives her to stay productive. "I focus even harder to tune out the noise," she says. "I work hard and challenge myself so I can rise above the toxicity that's out there."
While Jen has only just joined social media, she admitted in an interview with In Style magazine last year that she has long been an Instagram "voyeur."
"I will totally admit that I can dip into Instagram and sort of be a secret voyeur," she revealed.
"I'm a creeper. There are times when I'll look through and think, 'Oh my god, what a time suck!' I've been with people who spend maybe an hour figuring out this one post, and you're like, 'That just took up an hour of your life, and it's gone in 60 seconds,'" she said.
Now, however, Jen has given her fans ample opportunity to pore over her own posts. Knowing how straightforward and honest she tends to be though, she's not likely to leave anything open to interpretation.
- CareerRachel Hunter on being single, her love affair with India and why she never feels alone
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 11:30am
- At homeFour ways to give your Christmas decorations a modern refresh without breaking the bank
Now To LoveToday 11:20am
- RoyalsPrince William gave a shout out to Duchess Meghan and Prince Harry at this special event
Now To LoveToday 11:20am
- Pregnancy & BirthHilaria Baldwin begins her journey of healing after miscarrying fifth child
Now To LoveToday 10:34am
- PetsCelebrities and their pets: Shortland Street's Ria Vandervis and princess pooch Maeby
Woman's DayToday 9:55am
- SkincareGemma McCaw's 4 natural beauty treatments you can make at home yourself
Now To LoveToday 7:45am
- CompetitionsWin a Fitbit Versa Lite prizepack for Diabetes Action Month
Now To LoveToday 7:00am
- Body4 reasons why a visit to this hidden oasis will have you feeling summer-ready
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsSarah Ferguson zooms around an airport on a motorised suitcase in a hilarious new video
Now To LoveYesterday 12:15pm
- RoyalsIs Duchess Catherine getting her own television show?
Now To LoveYesterday 10:05am
- FamilySex educationist reveals what kids really want to know about sex - and it might surprise you
Now To LoveYesterday 9:53am
- CareerKeeping Up With The Kaimanawas horse whisperer Kelly Wilson on the stallion that changed her life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:36am
- Career'You just have to be yourself': Ingrid Hipkiss on taking over from Samantha Hayes on the 6pm news
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:25am
- WeddingsZac Franich and Erin Simpson's magical wedding day
Woman's DayYesterday 9:15am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan steps out in $50,000 ruby earrings by Kiwi designer Jessica McCormack
Now To LoveNov 11, 2019
- FamilyAt home with Matilda and Art Green: 'Baby Milo is our dream come true'
Woman's DayNov 11, 2019