Reese Witherspoon has revealed she's glad she had her children "kind of young".
The 43-year-old Big Little Lies star is mother to three kids - Ava, 20, Deacon, 15, and Tennessee, six.
She was 23 when she had Ava and 27 when she had Deacon with her first husband, Ryan Phillippe. Reece was 37 when she had her son Tennessee with second husband Jim Toth.
She divulged that she found having a baby in your twenties to be a lot easier than when you're in your thirties.
Taking to her Reese Witherspoon x Hello Sunshine YouTube page, she said: "I've been a mom since 1999. I got pregnant [with Ava] when I was 22 and delivered when I was 23. To be totally honest, it was scary. I was scared. I didn't know what it was going to do to my job or my career.
"Your entire life will change. Everything you believe, every piece of food you eat, every piece of independence you have. You can't go out without thinking of another person.
"These are all the things that happen in the beginning, and then it just evolves from there.
"I find that having little kids is more physical and it's just really hard on your body, so I am glad that I had kids kind of young."
She said having her third baby at 37 was "so much harder".
"This is just me being real."
The popular actress and Time's Up advocate went on to say how important it is for parents to have a good support network.
"I think beyond money, beyond being ready in your career and your life, it's really about, is your support system good? Is your family structure good? Have you talked about it with your partner? Have you thought about it logistically? Like, how am I going to make this work?"
She encouraged women to not put off parenthood if that's what they truly wanted.
"If you want to be a mom and that's important to you, you should have every right to do that. And don't put it off because of all the things that seem like a barrier. You're going to figure it out."
- Celebrity NewsJay-Jay Feeney and Paul Flynn: our perfect friendship
Woman's DayJan 08, 2021
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to our exclusive screening of Penguin Bloom
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 27, 2020
- Celebrity NewsRobert Rakete's Christmas plans: 'It'll be a breeze!'
Woman's DayDec 25, 2020
- Celebrity NewsJase, Toni & Sam get festive with their four-legged friends
Woman's DayDec 21, 2020
- FamilyThe Terrace at Sylvia Park - what's on offer at this new dining destination
Now To LoveDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsShortland Street's Ben Barrington and Ngahuia Piripi's Christmas celebrations
Woman's DayDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsWendy Petrie and Matty McLean's festive cheer: 'Our hearts are so full'
Woman's DayDec 15, 2020
- Celebrity NewsKanoa Lloyd and Mike McRoberts' best Christmas ever
Woman's DayDec 14, 2020
- Celebrity NewsSoon I’ll be a dad to three under three! Sam Wallace shares his hopes and fears
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 11, 2020
- Celebrity NewsCarolyn Keep's little miracle: 'The baby I never thought I'd have'
Woman's DayDec 10, 2020
- RoyalsMeghan Markle reveals she miscarried her second child in a powerful personal essay
Now To LoveNov 26, 2020
- CompetitionsWin a Farro Hamper and a double pass to Happiest Season
Now To LoveNov 25, 2020
- CompetitionsWin the Ultimate Teeth Whitening Prize Pack thanks to Colgate Optic White
Woman's DayNov 23, 2020