Reese Witherspoon has revealed she's glad she had her children "kind of young".
The 43-year-old Big Little Lies star is mother to three kids - Ava, 20, Deacon, 15, and Tennessee, six.
She was 23 when she had Ava and 27 when she had Deacon with her first husband, Ryan Phillippe. Reece was 37 when she had her son Tennessee with second husband Jim Toth.
She divulged that she found having a baby in your twenties to be a lot easier than when you're in your thirties.
Taking to her Reese Witherspoon x Hello Sunshine YouTube page, she said: "I've been a mom since 1999. I got pregnant [with Ava] when I was 22 and delivered when I was 23. To be totally honest, it was scary. I was scared. I didn't know what it was going to do to my job or my career.
"Your entire life will change. Everything you believe, every piece of food you eat, every piece of independence you have. You can't go out without thinking of another person.
"These are all the things that happen in the beginning, and then it just evolves from there.
"I find that having little kids is more physical and it's just really hard on your body, so I am glad that I had kids kind of young."
She said having her third baby at 37 was "so much harder".
"This is just me being real."
The popular actress and Time's Up advocate went on to say how important it is for parents to have a good support network.
"I think beyond money, beyond being ready in your career and your life, it's really about, is your support system good? Is your family structure good? Have you talked about it with your partner? Have you thought about it logistically? Like, how am I going to make this work?"
She encouraged women to not put off parenthood if that's what they truly wanted.
"If you want to be a mom and that's important to you, you should have every right to do that. And don't put it off because of all the things that seem like a barrier. You're going to figure it out."
- CareerRenee Zellweger on the similarities between her life and Judy Garland's
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:35am
- CareerMike McRoberts on his former glory days on the rugby field
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- Married at First SightJules Robinson takes aim at some of the new MAFS Australia cast
Now To LoveYesterday 5:40pm
- Career'That pregnant runner' Alysia Montaño signs sponsorship deal with Kiwi company Cadenshae
Now To LoveYesterday 5:00pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine and Prince William have shared unseen footage of their royal tour of Pakistan
Now To LoveYesterday 12:20pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry finally addresses rumours of a rift with Prince William
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- DestinationsFive must-do family-friendly walks from around the North Island
Now To LoveYesterday 8:45am
- RelationshipsA sex therapist shares her top tips on how to boost your sex life
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 8:30am
- Body6 reasons why it's the perfect time to spring clean your health
Good Health ChoicesOct 20, 2019
- CareerHow Silver Fern Katrina Rore has found balance after a whirlwind and emotional year
Woman's DayOct 20, 2019
- MindShortland Street's Rebekah Palmer on life after loss and finding happiness in the small things
Good Health ChoicesOct 19, 2019
- MindBest-selling author Gwendoline Smith: the truth about depression
The Australian Women's WeeklyOct 19, 2019
- CareerRachel Hunter's spiritual awakening: Sexy, single, soulful and fabulous at 50
Woman's DayOct 19, 2019