Jamie Oliver has shared an image of his delightful childhood home, The Cricketers Pub in Clavering, sharing some family history as he did so.
The Essex watering hole, that’s still owned by Jamie’s parents Trevor and Sally Oliver, is where the Naked Chef spent his younger years, and where he no doubt developed his love for wholesome British food while watching his mum and dad run the kitchen.
But as father of five Jamie revealed on his Instagram account, it hasn’t always been the pub that locals know and love.
Sharing a photo of the front of the inn from 1914, when it was called The Princess of Wales, Jamie shared this scrap of local history.
“A proper old school drinking house until my dad introduced proper food in the 1970s,” Jamie revealed, alongside the faded snap.
But it wasn’t just local history Jamie was sharing. The celebrity foodie, who went under the nickname “The Naked Chef’ in the early stages of his career, revealed an interesting fact about his past in the post.
“My bedroom was in the middle. According to legend I used to dance naked on the windowsill to welcome the customers!!
“Haha old habits die hard. Mum and dad still run it today and I can’t see them stopping…I love these old photos.”
Despite Jamie obviously being very comfortable in the nude, The Naked Chef title was always pitched as Oliver’s approach to cooking, which for its time was stripped back, fresh food, without the over complication of other traditional British chefs, such as Deliah Cook.
- RoyalsInside a play date with Prince George and Princess Charlotte at Kensington Palace
Now To LoveToday 3:40pm
- PetsThe online pet product delivery service that just made your life easier
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- RoyalsIs this a clue that Duchess Meghan is relaunching her lifestyle blog The Tig?
Now To LoveToday 11:15am
- CareerFrom Shortland Street to water births: Katherine McRae's new focus
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:09am
- RoyalsNew book details the lives of the photographers who captured the royals behind closed doors
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- FamilyNadene Lomu's tearful confession: Pushed to breaking point after Jonah's death
Woman's DayToday 7:45am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight NZ brides share the details on their wedding dresses
Woman's DayYesterday 4:45pm
- TVThe one thing Jodie Rimmer did on Celebrity Treasure Island that her children made her apologise for
Woman's DayYesterday 8:55am
- At homeThe sensitive skin laundry hack that makes your clothes soft and speeds up drying time
Now To LoveYesterday 8:24am
- EntertainmentWoman's Day Bonds X-Temp hottest media hunk has been crowned
Woman's DayYesterday 8:21am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan shares an adorable unseen photo from Archie’s christening for Prince Harry’s birthday
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- TVThe top five moments from Celebrity Treasure Island this week
Now To LoveSep 15, 2019
- CareerHelen Mirren on why being old is 'cool' and marriage is great
The Australian Women's WeeklySep 15, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a $500 Countdown voucher to launch your Disney Word tile collection
Woman's DaySep 15, 2019
- BodyDWTS winner Loryn Reynolds' sister can finally dance again after losing a whopping 70kg
Woman's DaySep 14, 2019