Gigi Hadid was attacked by prankster, Vitalii Sediuk, just moments after leaving the Max Mara show at Fashion Week in Milan on Thursday.
Sediuk, who is an"internet prankster" according to the Daily Mail, grabbed the 21-year-old from behind and lifted her into the air as she and her sister, Bella Hadid, 19, were walking to their waiting car.
Despite being surrounded by bodyguards, the supermodel reacted swiftly to the situation, and gave Sediuk a sharp elbow to the face.
After Sediuk dropped the furious fashionista, she shouted after him: “Who the f--k are you, you piece of s--t”.
The avid kickboxing fan, who often shares videos of her gruelling workouts, took to Twitter, to defend her actions.
“…I’m a HUMAN BEING — and had EVERY RIGHT to defend myself,” she tweeted. “How dare that idiot thinks he has the right to man-handle a complete stranger. He ran quick tho.”
The internet prankster defended his attack on Gigi, saying it was a protest against the fashion industry.
“While I consider Gigi Hadid beautiful, she and her friend Kendall Jenner, have nothing to do with high fashion,” he wrote in an Instagram post.
“By doing this I encourage fashion industry to put true talents on the runway and Vogue covers instead of well-connected cute girls from Instagram. You can call it a manifest or a protest.
“This is also a wake up call for Anna Wintour who turned Vogue into tabloid by putting Kardashians and other doubtful celebrities on a cover of a well-respected magazine”.
Sediuk has previously assaulted other celebrities, including Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio, Miranda Kerr and Kim Kardashian.
- CompetitionsWin a Limited Edition Sacred Hill Copper Foil Print
Good Health ChoicesToday 5:00pm
- BodyCould a weighted blanket help you stress less and sleep better?
Now To LoveToday 4:15pm
- CareerWhat Kiwi actress Ginette McDonald really thinks of her daughter Kate McGill following in her footsteps
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 10:30am
- RoyalsPrince Harry’s reaction to this boy not believing he’s a real royal is seriously priceless
Now To LoveToday 10:00am
- FamilyHow art therapy helped us cope with the grief of losing their dad
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:04am
- Real LifeThe question that caused Jacinda Ardern to falter during her visit to Cashmere High School
Now To LoveYesterday 4:39pm
- FitnessThe reasons why you should also be foam rolling before you work out
Now To LoveYesterday 4:30pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine has made her first ever solo public appearance with The Queen
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- FamilyAt home with Sam Wallace and his adorable new obsession - baby Brando
Woman's DayYesterday 1:50pm
- FamilyEight ways to get your kids off their screens and out into nature
Now To LoveYesterday 11:43am