Ever seen someone with a beautiful double Dutch braid and wondered how on earth they managed that? Now you don't have to!
Now To Love visited a hairdresser to get a double Dutch braid so we could film it and break down the steps for you.
Turns out a double Dutch braid can be done on all types of hair - including thick, fine and long - and is perfect for those who get sweaty during summer and need their hair out of the way.
Check out our video above for an easy breakdown.
1) To begin your braid, split your hair into a centre part, then take a section of hair at the back of your head and bring it into a ponytail. You should be left with hair falling around your face.
2) Next take a section of hair from one of the front sides of your head, and begin plaiting this down your head towards the nape of your neck. Except instead of plaiting over each section of hair, plait under it - and ensure to use the whole front section of your hair and exclude what's in your ponytail.
3) Repeat the process on the other side of your head. After this you should have two large plaits running down your head and a ponytail in the back centre.
4) Then secure all three sections in one ponytail and begin plaiting the ponytail into one large super-braid.
5) Next twirl the super-braid into a bun and pin to your head using bobby pins.
Voila! You now have a double Dutch braid - how chic of you.
- Celebrity NewsJay-Jay Feeney and Paul Flynn: our perfect friendship
Woman's DayJan 08, 2021
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to our exclusive screening of Penguin Bloom
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 27, 2020
- Celebrity NewsRobert Rakete's Christmas plans: 'It'll be a breeze!'
Woman's DayDec 25, 2020
- Celebrity NewsJase, Toni & Sam get festive with their four-legged friends
Woman's DayDec 21, 2020
- FamilyThe Terrace at Sylvia Park - what's on offer at this new dining destination
Now To LoveDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsShortland Street's Ben Barrington and Ngahuia Piripi's Christmas celebrations
Woman's DayDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsWendy Petrie and Matty McLean's festive cheer: 'Our hearts are so full'
Woman's DayDec 15, 2020
- Celebrity NewsKanoa Lloyd and Mike McRoberts' best Christmas ever
Woman's DayDec 14, 2020
- Celebrity NewsSoon I’ll be a dad to three under three! Sam Wallace shares his hopes and fears
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 11, 2020
- Celebrity NewsCarolyn Keep's little miracle: 'The baby I never thought I'd have'
Woman's DayDec 10, 2020
- RoyalsMeghan Markle reveals she miscarried her second child in a powerful personal essay
Now To LoveNov 26, 2020
- CompetitionsWin a Farro Hamper and a double pass to Happiest Season
Now To LoveNov 25, 2020
- CompetitionsWin the Ultimate Teeth Whitening Prize Pack thanks to Colgate Optic White
Woman's DayNov 23, 2020