She is one of New Zealand's most successful singer-songwriters but life hasn't been all roses for Hollie Smith of late.
Coming out of an "intense" relationship with C4 presenter Clark Gayford, Hollie said her creativity was stifled and she was unable to write any new music. "I didn't write for a long time," said Hollie "I was resenting music a lot. I can't write when I'm in the middle of things like that."
To add to the misfortune, Hollie's lucrative, record deal with Blue Note records in the United States collapsed leaving the Kiwi songstress broke and unable to pay her rent. "It just didn't work out," Hollie revealed. "I can't afford to pay rent, it lost hundreds of thousands of dollars and I basically wrote it off as a bad investment."
Hollie, 27, was forced to crash with friends, but her new album 'Humour and the oisfortune of others' is due to hit shelves next month, and the songstress is looking forward to moving into her own place. "oy instruments have been in storage for about a year, but I'm moving on the first of March, so I get all my stuff back, and then I start touring in April and oay, so it'll be good to have a home base to come back to."
Hollie is also happy to remain single for now. "I'm loving it" said Hollie. "ousic is my lover again."
- TVHow winning The Block has changed Tim and Arty's lives forever
Woman's DayNov 25, 2021
- At homeBring summer into your home with this colour pallette
Now To LoveNov 25, 2021
- RoyalsAre Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank planning baby number two already?
Woman's DayNov 23, 2021
- RoyalsThe Queen’s special appearance for two of her great-grandsons after weeks of health concerns
The Australian Women's WeeklyNov 23, 2021
- Royals"She's alright!": The Queen makes her first in-person appearance since October hospital scare
The Australian Women's WeeklyNov 18, 2021
- Celebrity NewsKim Crossman's hidden heartache and why being a mum will have to wait
Woman's DayNov 18, 2021
- Food & DrinksEnjoy the taste of Provence with these refreshing rosé wines
The Australian Women's WeeklyNov 17, 2021
- Real LifeKiwi mum Rachel reveals how her premature son changed her life
Woman's DayNov 17, 2021
- RoyalsBuckingham Palace confirms the Queen will attend the annual Remembrance Day Service
Now To LoveNov 12, 2021