Nicole Kidman has provided a glimpse into an unimaginably difficult period of her life, detailing the miscarriages she suffered during her marriage to Tom Cruise.
In a gut-wrenching new interview with Tatler, the 50-year-old actress spoke openly about the grief she felt upon miscarrying at 23 shortly after her 1990 wedding to Tom Cruise. The loss came as a result of an ectopic pregnancy, which is when a fertilized egg is implanted outside the womb.
A second pregnancy near the end of the former couple's marriage also resulted in a miscarriage.
"I know the yearning," she told the publication. "That yearning. It's a huge, aching yearning. And the loss! The loss of a miscarriage is not talked about enough."
She added: "That's massive grief to certain women."
Nicole, however, also reflected on becoming a mother after such tragedy. Of course, she ended up adopting two children during the marriage -- daughter Isabella, 25, and son Connor, 22.
"There's an enormous amount of pain and an enormous amount of joy on the other side of it," she said. "The flipside of going through so much yearning and pain to get there is the feeling of 'Ahhhh!" when you have the child.'"
Nic also shares two more children with husband Keith Urban -- Sunday Rose Kidman Urban, who she gave birth to in 2008, and Faith Margaret Kidman Urban, who was welcomed via surrogacy in 2010.
Speaking with The Weekly, the Big Little Lies star spoke of her gratitude for meeting her one true love a little later in life.
"To have met Keith just before I turned 40 and to be able to have Sunny and Fifi with him, what a beautiful, unexpected turn of events for me," she told the mag back in March. "I wanted it and I dreamed of it but I had no idea if it was actually going to happen."
She added: "I feel beyond blessed to have this incredibly deep and powerful relationship I have with him, and that our children are the recipients of the love we have for each other too."
- RoyalsSarah, Duchess of York, is recognised with an award for her charity work
Now To LoveToday 12:10pm
- RoyalsHow much do the royal family spend on travel a year?
Now To LoveToday 11:00am
- RoyalsThe Queen just passed on this very special patronage to Duchess Catherine
Now To LoveToday 8:30am
- TVThe Block NZ Firehouse contestants Sophia and Mikaere: 'We'll come out stronger than ever'
Woman's DayToday 8:05am
- TVWhy 2019's Dancing with the Stars cast was so close - and who's missing who now that it's over
Now To LoveYesterday 3:42pm
- BodyA cup of coffee a day could be the secret to burning fat
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine and Prince William are reportedly planning a royal tour of Asia this year
Now To LoveYesterday 10:30am
- CareerThe Chicks Suzanne Lynch on nearing 70 and life being more exciting than ever
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 10:00am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight's Martha Kalifatidis opens up about being bullied
Now To LoveYesterday 9:55am
- FamilyMental health advocate Mike King opens up about his daughter Alex following in his footsteps
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:41am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has upgraded her engagement ring from Prince Harry
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- FamilyThe woman who supported Arthur Taylor through four decades in prison
Woman's DayYesterday 8:30am
- TVThe Block NZ Firehouse contestants Stacy and Adam's biggest challenge
Woman's DayJun 24, 2019
- RoyalsSarah Ferguson brings to light one of the royal family's saddest tales from the past
Now To LoveJun 24, 2019