Nicole Kidman has provided a glimpse into an unimaginably difficult period of her life, detailing the miscarriages she suffered during her marriage to Tom Cruise.
In a gut-wrenching new interview with Tatler, the 50-year-old actress spoke openly about the grief she felt upon miscarrying at 23 shortly after her 1990 wedding to Tom Cruise. The loss came as a result of an ectopic pregnancy, which is when a fertilized egg is implanted outside the womb.
A second pregnancy near the end of the former couple's marriage also resulted in a miscarriage.
"I know the yearning," she told the publication. "That yearning. It's a huge, aching yearning. And the loss! The loss of a miscarriage is not talked about enough."
She added: "That's massive grief to certain women."
Nicole, however, also reflected on becoming a mother after such tragedy. Of course, she ended up adopting two children during the marriage -- daughter Isabella, 25, and son Connor, 22.
"There's an enormous amount of pain and an enormous amount of joy on the other side of it," she said. "The flipside of going through so much yearning and pain to get there is the feeling of 'Ahhhh!" when you have the child.'"
Nic also shares two more children with husband Keith Urban -- Sunday Rose Kidman Urban, who she gave birth to in 2008, and Faith Margaret Kidman Urban, who was welcomed via surrogacy in 2010.
Speaking with The Weekly, the Big Little Lies star spoke of her gratitude for meeting her one true love a little later in life.
"To have met Keith just before I turned 40 and to be able to have Sunny and Fifi with him, what a beautiful, unexpected turn of events for me," she told the mag back in March. "I wanted it and I dreamed of it but I had no idea if it was actually going to happen."
She added: "I feel beyond blessed to have this incredibly deep and powerful relationship I have with him, and that our children are the recipients of the love we have for each other too."
- Body4 reasons why a visit to this hidden oasis will have you feeling summer-ready
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- RoyalsSarah Ferguson zooms around an airport on a motorised suitcase in a hilarious new video
Now To LoveToday 12:15pm
- RoyalsIs Duchess Catherine getting her own television show?
Now To LoveToday 10:05am
- CareerKeeping Up With The Kaimanawas horse whisperer Kelly Wilson on the stallion that changed her life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:36am
- Career'You just have to be yourself': Ingrid Hipkiss on taking over from Samantha Hayes on the 6pm news
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:25am
- WeddingsZac Franich and Erin Simpson's magical wedding day
Woman's DayToday 9:15am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan steps out in $50,000 ruby earrings by Kiwi designer Jessica McCormack
Now To LoveYesterday 12:00pm
- FamilyAt home with Matilda and Art Green: 'Baby Milo is our dream come true'
Woman's DayYesterday 10:55am
- RoyalsPlastic surgery clinic slammed for misusing Kate Middleton's face to promote face lift
Now To LoveYesterday 10:45am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine wore this special brooch on Remembrance Sunday for a very touching reason
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- CompetitionsWin a set of pearls thanks to Michael Hill Jewellers
Woman's DayYesterday 7:00am
- RelationshipsWestside actress Jessica Grace Smith's romantic beachside proposal
Woman's DayNov 10, 2019
- MindWhy saying 'yes' to stress can actually benefit us
Good Health ChoicesNov 09, 2019
- BodyRenee Wright: Why I'm prioritising my health this summer
NEXTNov 09, 2019
- RoyalsPrince Charles shakes hands with trees after he plants them to 'wish them well'
Now To LoveNov 08, 2019