We all saw/thought it… Duchess Catherine looking as she does most days: blow-dried brunette locks, a royal-approved frock and a brush of blush on her cheeks just hours after giving birth to her little boy (who also happens to be fifth in line to the throne).
Well, we weren't the only ones who were slightly stunned by Kate's hospital discharge, with new mums all over the world posting their own post-birth pictures online – and let us tell you, they look a little different to that of Duchess Catherine's.
Exhibit A, B and C…
But that doesn't that these mums aren't on Team Catherine…
"We all know that under that lovely outfit is a nursing bra with pads to keep [Duchess Catherine] from leaking through her clothes along with a flabby after-birth belly tucked into some mesh underwear," @theformer_ntmom wrote on Instagram alongside a picture of her being wheeled out of hospital in a wheelchair.
"You also have the world's largest pad that's covered in some witch-hazel pads and ointment."
"If you're lucky, you get a maxi pad and an icepack to shove in your mesh undies as well."
She then went on to say that before everyone stops to judge the Duchess for jetting out of hospital hours after giving birth to her little boy, think about what's beneath that blow-dry and her seemingly perfect outfit: the same thing as all new mums…
"It's sort of like judging a book by its cover," she continues. "We are all the same on the inside... all post-birth mums are the same under whatever outfit they walk out in."
And we couldn't agree more…
- WeddingsBride quits job to plan her dream wedding and demands her fiancé get a second job
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- BodyKaty Perry and Orlando Bloom's new age secret to staying young
Now To LoveToday 12:30pm
- RoyalsWhy we’re unlikely to see much of Duchess Catherine and Prince William over the coming month
Now To LoveYesterday 12:30pm
- WeddingsA wedding photographer has sparked heated debate after urging wedding guests to put away their phones
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- Real LifeYoung dad's incredible feat to save his family from certain death
Woman's DayYesterday 9:30am
- CareerThe tough Kiwi women who are running organisations that were traditionally 'boys' clubs'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:17am
- FamilyShortland Street's Laurel Devenie introduces her gorgeous new arrival to the world
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- Relationships9 common dating mistakes - and how you can avoid making them
Now To LoveJul 15, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ's Sophia and Mikaere disqualified after cheating scandal
Now To LoveJul 15, 2019
- FamilyRobbie Magasiva opens up about the devastating loss of his beloved brother Pua
Woman's DayJul 15, 2019