Green Party co-leadership candidate Julie Anne Genter has announced she is pregnant.
The Minister for Women and her partner, Peter Nunns, are expecting their child in August.
This has not affected Genter's decision to carry on as a Minister or co-leader.
Genter revealed her big news to Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern on the same day she announced her own pregnancy to the public.
Ardern expressed her excitement to Genter.
"She said 'that is amazing, let's talk soon. She's a pretty good secret-keeper," Genter told Stuff.
"Clearly there's something in the water at [Parliament restaurant] Bellamy's."
After the hardships of two miscarriages, this will be Genter's third pregnancy.
Genter is planning to take three months away from Parliamentary duties, from then on her partner will take on the role of full time parenting.
- RoyalsInside a play date with Prince George and Princess Charlotte at Kensington Palace
Now To LoveYesterday 3:40pm
- PetsThe online pet product delivery service that just made your life easier
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsIs this a clue that Duchess Meghan is relaunching her lifestyle blog The Tig?
Now To LoveYesterday 11:15am
- CareerFrom Shortland Street to water births: Katherine McRae's new focus
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:09am
- RoyalsNew book details the lives of the photographers who captured the royals behind closed doors
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- FamilyNadene Lomu's tearful confession: Pushed to breaking point after Jonah's death
Woman's DayYesterday 7:45am
- EntertainmentWoman's Day Bonds X-Temp hottest media hunk has been crowned
Woman's DaySep 16, 2019
- TVThe top five moments from Celebrity Treasure Island this week
Now To LoveSep 15, 2019
- CareerHelen Mirren on why being old is 'cool' and marriage is great
The Australian Women's WeeklySep 15, 2019