Congratulations to Anika Moa and partner Natasha Utting who have announced they're expecting their second child.
The couple made the announcement on Moa's Instagram page. In true Moa humour they posed as characters from The Handmaid's Tale and captioned their post:
"Blessed day! We are joyous to announce that we are expecting a child. OfNatasha is carrying the precious fruit. #thelordopened #dueinmarch #uttingmoapepi"
The image shows Moa with her hand placed protectively on her belly. For the award-winning Kiwi songstress and TV personality, this will be her first time carrying a child. The couple's first baby was carried by Natasha, who had been in the early stages of pregnancy via a sperm donor when she and Moa got together.
Moa's twin boys to former wife Azaria Universe were carried by Azaria.
In 2014 TV3 journalist and producer, Natasha, gave birth to the couple's first child, Soren Huia Utting-Moa.
She told Woman's Day, "Two years ago, I could never have imagined being this happy – and now I'm sat here with the two loves of my life."
Moa revealed at the time that she'd like to carry a child too. "There might be more to come. I definitely want a baby. It's just my luck that I met someone who was already knocked up."
Soren was named after Natasha's Danish great-great-great-grandfather, and his middle name Huia reflects his Maori heritage.
Explained Natasha to Woman's Day, "Soren's part Maori and the huia was a sacred Maori bird that's now extinct. It means 'treasure' and he is very treasured."\
She revealed after his birth with pride, "He weighed 3.5kg, bang on 50th percentile when he was born. He was such a little, little baby and now look how giant he is! He weighs well over 10kg. He's now in the 99th percentile. The doctors call him the baby that grows like a mushroom."
For Moa, this baby will be her fourth child. She shares custody of her six-year-old twin boys Barry and Taane with ex-wife, circus performer Azaria Universe.
Moa and Utting met in 2014 at a Beyoncé concert and announced their engagement at the end of 2015.
Moa admitted to Woman's Day that she'd been uncharacteristically bashful when proposing to Utting.
Although she had initially planned to propose on the morning of Natasha's 40th birthday, on August 12th, and had even bought a ring, it was a whole week before she finally plucked up the courage to pop the question.
That doesn't sound like the Anika Moa we've come to know and love!
Wishing the mamas-to-be all the happiness and love in the world!
- BodyRadio host Sarah Gandy has been diagnosed with breast cancer
Now To LoveToday 12:13pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has jetted off to New York for her baby shower
Now To LoveToday 11:36am
- FertilityTips for couples who are trying to conceive and not pregnant yet
Now To LoveToday 11:19am
- Pregnancy & BirthGemma McCaw's praise for the midwife who delivered baby Charlotte
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveYesterday 2:28pm
- RoyalsPrince William and Prince Harry are reportedly splitting their royal household after 10 years together
Now To LoveYesterday 12:15pm
- RoyalsHappy Birthday Prince Andrew: 7 things you may not know about the Duke of York
Now To LoveYesterday 9:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe all-women Bali retreat that saved my soul after my fiancé left me
The Australian Women's WeeklyFeb 17, 2019
- BodyWhy Olivia Newton-John isn't letting battling cancer for the third time get her down
Good Health ChoicesFeb 17, 2019
- Married at First SightMAFS baby on board? Reports suggest this bride is already pregnant
Now To LoveFeb 17, 2019