Congratulations to Anika Moa and partner Natasha Utting who have announced they're expecting their second child.
The couple made the announcement on Moa's Instagram page. In true Moa humour they posed as characters from The Handmaid's Tale and captioned their post:
"Blessed day! We are joyous to announce that we are expecting a child. OfNatasha is carrying the precious fruit. #thelordopened #dueinmarch #uttingmoapepi"
The image shows Moa with her hand placed protectively on her belly. For the award-winning Kiwi songstress and TV personality, this will be her first time carrying a child. The couple's first baby was carried by Natasha, who had been in the early stages of pregnancy via a sperm donor when she and Moa got together.
Moa's twin boys to former wife Azaria Universe were carried by Azaria.
In 2014 TV3 journalist and producer, Natasha, gave birth to the couple's first child, Soren Huia Utting-Moa.
She told Woman's Day, "Two years ago, I could never have imagined being this happy – and now I'm sat here with the two loves of my life."
Moa revealed at the time that she'd like to carry a child too. "There might be more to come. I definitely want a baby. It's just my luck that I met someone who was already knocked up."
Soren was named after Natasha's Danish great-great-great-grandfather, and his middle name Huia reflects his Maori heritage.
Explained Natasha to Woman's Day, "Soren's part Maori and the huia was a sacred Maori bird that's now extinct. It means 'treasure' and he is very treasured."\
She revealed after his birth with pride, "He weighed 3.5kg, bang on 50th percentile when he was born. He was such a little, little baby and now look how giant he is! He weighs well over 10kg. He's now in the 99th percentile. The doctors call him the baby that grows like a mushroom."
For Moa, this baby will be her fourth child. She shares custody of her six-year-old twin boys Barry and Taane with ex-wife, circus performer Azaria Universe.
Moa and Utting met in 2014 at a Beyoncé concert and announced their engagement at the end of 2015.
Moa admitted to Woman's Day that she'd been uncharacteristically bashful when proposing to Utting.
Although she had initially planned to propose on the morning of Natasha's 40th birthday, on August 12th, and had even bought a ring, it was a whole week before she finally plucked up the courage to pop the question.
That doesn't sound like the Anika Moa we've come to know and love!
Wishing the mamas-to-be all the happiness and love in the world!
- Celebrity NewsJay-Jay Feeney and Paul Flynn: our perfect friendship
Woman's DayJan 08, 2021
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to our exclusive screening of Penguin Bloom
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 27, 2020
- Celebrity NewsRobert Rakete's Christmas plans: 'It'll be a breeze!'
Woman's DayDec 25, 2020
- Celebrity NewsJase, Toni & Sam get festive with their four-legged friends
Woman's DayDec 21, 2020
- FamilyThe Terrace at Sylvia Park - what's on offer at this new dining destination
Now To LoveDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsShortland Street's Ben Barrington and Ngahuia Piripi's Christmas celebrations
Woman's DayDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsWendy Petrie and Matty McLean's festive cheer: 'Our hearts are so full'
Woman's DayDec 15, 2020
- Celebrity NewsKanoa Lloyd and Mike McRoberts' best Christmas ever
Woman's DayDec 14, 2020
- Celebrity NewsSoon I’ll be a dad to three under three! Sam Wallace shares his hopes and fears
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 11, 2020
- Celebrity NewsCarolyn Keep's little miracle: 'The baby I never thought I'd have'
Woman's DayDec 10, 2020
- RoyalsMeghan Markle reveals she miscarried her second child in a powerful personal essay
Now To LoveNov 26, 2020
- CompetitionsWin a Farro Hamper and a double pass to Happiest Season
Now To LoveNov 25, 2020
- CompetitionsWin the Ultimate Teeth Whitening Prize Pack thanks to Colgate Optic White
Woman's DayNov 23, 2020