Amy Schumer might be so obsessed with the Royal Family that she announced her pregnancy with a photoshopped picture of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, but she is undoubtedly less happy about one commonality she shares with the Duchess of Cambridge.
The comedian has revealed that she is suffering from Hyperemesis Gravidarum, the same pregnancy illness Kate Middleton has endured through all three of her pregnancies.
Opening up about the condition on Instagram, Amy posted a picture of her lying in hospital saying, "Baby's fine but everyone who says the 2nd trimester is better is not telling the full story," before stating that she has hyperemesis and "it blows."
"Very lucky to be pregnant but this is some bullshit," Amy wrote. "Sending so much love to the doctors and nurses taking great care of me and Tati!"
Hyperemesis Gravidarum is a pregnancy complication that can cause severe nausea, vomiting, weight-loss and possible dehydration.
Duchess Catherine is known to suffer terribly with the illness, and was hospitalised as a result of it when she was pregnant with Prince George. It affects around three per cent of pregnant women, however statistics are not thought to be concrete as the condition often goes unreported.
While it's not known what causes the illness, it can be linked to hormonal changes during pregnancy and there is some evidence that it runs in families, with the National Health Service advising patients plan in advance if one of your immediate family members has suffered with it. This means starting treatment early as it can take time to find the right medication, with options ranging from anti-sickness tablets to certain vitamins and steroids, or a combination of these. However, it's important to consult with a doctor before taking any medication during pregnancy.
For Amy, the condition meant she has to cancel a show in Texas, saying "I'll be out there as soon as I'm better." Schumer suffered with morning sickness throughout her first trimester, but says it has only gotten worse as her pregnancy has continued.
"Texas I am so deeply sorry," her Instagram caption read. "I have been really looking forward to these shows. I have to reschedule. I am in the hospital. I'm fine. Baby's fine but everyone who says the 2nd trimester is better is not telling the full story. I've been even more ill this trimester. I have hyperemesis and it blows. Very lucky to be pregnant but this is some bullshit! Sending so much love to the doctors and nurses taking great care of me and Tati! They are cool as hell! And Texas I am really really sorry and I'll be out there as soon as I'm better."
Of course, comedian that she is, Amy forever sees the light in every situation and continues to make memes out of her misery, posting this to Instagram during her first three months of pregnancy.
Honestly, that image is just us every Friday lunchtime knowing there's another four hours left until the weekend begins...
Via our sister site Grazia.
- Celebrity NewsMiley Cyrus has shared brand new photos from her wedding to Liam Hemsworth
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie's special message to husband Jack Brooksbank
Now To LoveToday 12:00pm
- CareerKiwi women who've made it their mission to make life better for others
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 11:35am
- BodyThis 9 year old has a new heart thanks to one family's incredible gift of life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 11:00am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine looks gorgeous in Gucci as she attends the 100 Women in Finance Gala
Now To LoveYesterday 10:15am
- Married at First SightIs MAFS' Mike Gunner running his own fan page? The signs are compelling!
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- RelationshipsArt Green and Matilda Rice's family plans: they are so clucky!
Woman's DayYesterday 9:00am
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to Ports of Auckland Round the Bays plus a Samsung S9
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- Celebrity NewsCold Feet's Hermione Norris lists all the reasons why she'd love to live in New Zealand
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 7:00am
- WeddingsShortland St star Beluah Koale marries his soulmate in a day of 'pure joy'
Woman's DayFeb 13, 2019
- BodyWhat it's like one year on from weight-loss surgery
Now To LoveFeb 12, 2019