"I find myself sitting and waiting for one of his almost-smiles all the time!" says first-time mum Susan Rawlings of her gorgeous newborn.
Sleepy tot Ashton made his grand entrance on March 24 by caesarean after Susan had been in labour for three days, trying for a waterbirth.
Ashton has transformed the life of his fly-in fly-out truck-driver mum, 39, who found fame on Married At First Sight last year.
"I never imagined I'd be anyone's mummy," giggles Susan, who 'married' Sean Hollands on national TV, then decided it wouldn't work because he was into calf roping and bull riding, and she was opposed to using animals for human entertainment.
"From the moment Ashton was born, I loved him selflessly and unconditionally."
"I can't imagine going back to my old life now, because I need to be here full-time to watch every new smile and milestone."
Susan, who lives in Craigie, WA, says the worst part of motherhood is the fact she's doing it alone.
After searching for love online and dating an older man for a few months, Susan discovered she was pregnant a few weeks after they split.
"Ashton was unplanned, but I'm very much looking forward to sharing this parenting journey as I'm friends with his father," she says of the man, who doesn't want to be identified.
"I'd still love to be in love with the right person one day and then who knows, I might have another baby!"
- TVCarolyn Taylor's epiphany since her return to TV on Dancing With The Stars
Woman's DayToday 2:00pm
- BodyThese common myths about sleep could be compromising your health
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- BodyEverything you need to know about measles and how to beat the disease
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- FitnessHow our body clocks influence how effectively we exercise
Now To LoveToday 6:00am
- FamilyEight foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveYesterday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveYesterday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveYesterday 11:31am
- RoyalsNew house, new baby, new continent? Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan look set to be moving to Africa
Now To LoveYesterday 9:25am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight NZ's Dan and Yuki: 'We're more in love than ever'
Woman's DayYesterday 9:20am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- CareerThe Kiwi couple who are making comfy prosthetic breasts
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- At homeWhy a magazine subscription is the perfect gift for you or someone you love
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- CareerAnnabelle White's recipe to living a happy, contented life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 8:42am
- FamilyFamily meal inspiration: Jo Seagar's 'loaves and fishes' approach to family meals
The Australian Women's WeeklyApr 22, 2019