"I find myself sitting and waiting for one of his almost-smiles all the time!" says first-time mum Susan Rawlings of her gorgeous newborn.
Sleepy tot Ashton made his grand entrance on March 24 by caesarean after Susan had been in labour for three days, trying for a waterbirth.
Ashton has transformed the life of his fly-in fly-out truck-driver mum, 39, who found fame on Married At First Sight last year.
"I never imagined I'd be anyone's mummy," giggles Susan, who 'married' Sean Hollands on national TV, then decided it wouldn't work because he was into calf roping and bull riding, and she was opposed to using animals for human entertainment.
"From the moment Ashton was born, I loved him selflessly and unconditionally."
"I can't imagine going back to my old life now, because I need to be here full-time to watch every new smile and milestone."
Susan, who lives in Craigie, WA, says the worst part of motherhood is the fact she's doing it alone.
After searching for love online and dating an older man for a few months, Susan discovered she was pregnant a few weeks after they split.
"Ashton was unplanned, but I'm very much looking forward to sharing this parenting journey as I'm friends with his father," she says of the man, who doesn't want to be identified.
"I'd still love to be in love with the right person one day and then who knows, I might have another baby!"
- At homeEntertaining with ease thanks to the latest tech products
Now To LoveToday 11:50am
- RoyalsTake a look back at Queen Elizabeth’s first televised Christmas message 62 years ago
Now To LoveToday 11:30am
- MindZac Guildford's candid confession about his battle with drugs and depression
Woman's DayToday 9:50am
- SkincareAcne and exfoliating: does it make your skin worse?
Now To LoveToday 8:00am
- RoyalsThe impact of having Sussex Royal follow you on Instagram
Now To LoveYesterday 3:00pm
- MakeupDo eyebrows grow back? How to regrow over plucked brows
Now To LoveYesterday 2:42pm
- FamilyThe new online shopping portal giving back to Kiwi charities
Now To LoveYesterday 1:11pm
- FamilyThe Topp Twins on facing their first Christmas without their beloved dad
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:50am
- CareerMeet the woman behind one of New Zealand's most classic Kiwi holiday tunes
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:44am
- PetsPet quirks and personalities: Finding the right pet for you and your family
Now To LoveYesterday 9:25am
- SkincareThe difference between natural and chemical sunscreen
- BodyRadio star Sarah Gandy celebrates beating breast cancer
Woman's DayYesterday 8:55am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan's tips for hosting the perfect Christmas dinner
Now To LoveDec 09, 2019
- FamilyGemma McCaw's Christmas joy: 'Words can't describe how grateful I am'
Woman's DayDec 09, 2019