Mothers-to-be in third world countries don’t have the choice of putting thought into what they’ll pack in their maternity bags before birth, simply because having options is a luxury.
Sadly it’s often forgotten that many pregnant woman worldwide are merely trying to survive childbirth, and hoping their baby makes it through too.
In New Zealand and in other first world countries? Mums often want the process to be as painless and safe as possible.
DeliverLife is a new project for UK based charity WaterLife. They have visions of “a world where everyone has access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene by 2030.”
In this photo series, they highlight the contrasting perception of childbirth by showcasing what ‘essentials’ women worldwide pack in their bags in preparation for birth.
Did you pack a razor blade to cut your child’s umbilical cord or massage oils and snacks?
Eye-opening, isn’t it?
1 / 0
2 / 0
3 / 0
4 / 0
5 / 0
6 / 0
7 / 0
- Pregnancy & BirthSamantha Hayes excitedly announces the gender of her baby
Now To LoveToday 12:00pm
- Diet & NutritionThe truth about coconut oil: Is it actually as good for us as we've been told?
Good Health ChoicesToday 10:00am
- CareerMean Mums' Morgana O'Reilly gets candid about her school days
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 9:23am
- FamilyHow to get your children off the screens and out into the sunshine
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 12:00pm
- Pregnancy & BirthFear and panic followed by joy: The Edge's Chang Hung welcomes his much longed-for daughter
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- CareerHow Louise Stainthorpe went from stay at home mum to 'badass businesswoman'
Woman's DayJul 19, 2019
- FitnessCommon mistakes to avoid when you're working out for weight loss
Good Health ChoicesJul 19, 2019
- RoyalsThe very unusual way Duchess Camilla just celebrated her 72nd birthday
Now To LoveJul 18, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ's Lisa and Ribz fire back at the 'harsh and nasty' judges
Woman's DayJul 18, 2019
- CareerQueen of tiny: Why I love recreating everything I see in miniature
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJul 18, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a black and a rose gold Samsung Galaxy Watch Active worth $349 each!
Good Health ChoicesJul 18, 2019
- WeddingsBride quits job to plan her dream wedding and demands her fiancé get a second job
Now To LoveJul 17, 2019
- BodyKaty Perry and Orlando Bloom's new age secret to staying young
Now To LoveJul 17, 2019