Mothers-to-be in third world countries don’t have the choice of putting thought into what they’ll pack in their maternity bags before birth, simply because having options is a luxury.
Sadly it’s often forgotten that many pregnant woman worldwide are merely trying to survive childbirth, and hoping their baby makes it through too.
In New Zealand and in other first world countries? Mums often want the process to be as painless and safe as possible.
DeliverLife is a new project for UK based charity WaterLife. They have visions of “a world where everyone has access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene by 2030.”
In this photo series, they highlight the contrasting perception of childbirth by showcasing what ‘essentials’ women worldwide pack in their bags in preparation for birth.
Did you pack a razor blade to cut your child’s umbilical cord or massage oils and snacks?
Eye-opening, isn’t it?
1 / 0
2 / 0
3 / 0
4 / 0
5 / 0
6 / 0
7 / 0
- MoneyMoney expert Mary Holm reveals how much money you really need in the bank when you retire - and it's not as much as you think
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 12:10pm
- RoyalsFlower arranging and cute cookies: Inside Duchess Meghan's gorgeous baby shower
Now To LoveToday 10:00am
- BodyKiwi teen's bizarre diagnosis: 'You have a plant growing in your ear'
Now To LoveToday 8:20am
- RoyalsWho are all the celebrity guests at Duchess Meghan's baby shower?
Now To LoveYesterday 3:00pm
- Parenting NewsZoe Marshall urges: don't kiss other people's babies on the mouth
Now To LoveYesterday 1:31pm
- RoyalsBeyonce and JAY-Z just made a surprising tribute to Duchess Meghan in their Brit Awards acceptance speech
Now To LoveYesterday 12:05pm
- Celebrity NewsCoro Street's new bad girl - Connie Hyde reveals what it's like playing Sally's sister Gina
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:22am
- TVSir David Attenborough the legend: how he's still producing groundbreaking TV series at age 92
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- RoyalsSerena Williams joins Duchess Meghan for a night out in New York City
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- Married at First SightMAFS' Elizabeth and Bronson speak out about the developing affair between Sam and Ines
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- Celebrity NewsLady Gaga has called off her engagement to Christian Carino
Now To LoveFeb 20, 2019