What happens when one set of identical twins meets and falls in love with another set of identical twins? They get married, of course, in a double wedding in Twinsburg (an actual place).
Only in America, you say? Well, yes, Ohio actually.
On the weekend Brittany and Briana Deane, 32, tied the knot with new husbands Joshua and Jeremy Salyers, 34, at the 2018 Twins Days Festival in Twinsburg, Ohio. The foursome had first met at the festival a year ago, and their joint ceremony was themed "Twice Upon A Time". They were married by a set of identical twin ministers.
Briana (who married Jeremy) told PEOPLE that it was important to the sisters to marry twin brothers.
"Even when we were little girls I can remember being in kindergarten, knowing that that is what we saw for ourselves."
Brittany said they knew the odds of them falling in love with another set of twins was "incredibly scarce", but the stars aligned nonetheless, with the sisters meeting the brothers on the last day of the Twins Days Festival last year. The girls had been attending the festival for years but for the brothers, it was their first time.
Oddly, Joshua and Jeremy had also vowed to only marry another set of identical twins. (Perhaps it's a twin thing?)
While the wedding planning could have been double the trouble Brittany and Briana say it couldn't have run more smoothly.
"A lot of the wedding planning was extremely fun and even peaceful for Brittany and I to do together because we have the same taste," Briana told PEOPLE. "We had the same vision of what our double wedding day would look like. We work well together and I would say the hardest part is planning everything across state lines because none of us live in Twinsburg, Ohio."
The day went without a hitch. Brittany said, "I get to marry the man of my dreams and at the same time I get to look over next to me and see my twin sister marrying the man of her dreams."
The wedding will air in early 2019 on TLC.
- CompetitionsWin a Limited Edition Sacred Hill Copper Foil Print
Good Health ChoicesToday 5:00pm
- BodyCould a weighted blanket help you stress less and sleep better?
Now To LoveToday 4:15pm
- CareerWhat Kiwi actress Ginette McDonald really thinks of her daughter Kate McGill following in her footsteps
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 10:30am
- RoyalsPrince Harry’s reaction to this boy not believing he’s a real royal is seriously priceless
Now To LoveToday 10:00am
- FamilyHow art therapy helped us cope with the grief of losing their dad
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:04am
- Real LifeThe question that caused Jacinda Ardern to falter during her visit to Cashmere High School
Now To LoveYesterday 4:39pm
- FitnessThe reasons why you should also be foam rolling before you work out
Now To LoveYesterday 4:30pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine has made her first ever solo public appearance with The Queen
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- FamilyAt home with Sam Wallace and his adorable new obsession - baby Brando
Woman's DayYesterday 1:50pm
- FamilyEight ways to get your kids off their screens and out into nature
Now To LoveYesterday 11:43am