What happens when one set of identical twins meets and falls in love with another set of identical twins? They get married, of course, in a double wedding in Twinsburg (an actual place).
Only in America, you say? Well, yes, Ohio actually.
On the weekend Brittany and Briana Deane, 32, tied the knot with new husbands Joshua and Jeremy Salyers, 34, at the 2018 Twins Days Festival in Twinsburg, Ohio. The foursome had first met at the festival a year ago, and their joint ceremony was themed "Twice Upon A Time". They were married by a set of identical twin ministers.
Briana (who married Jeremy) told PEOPLE that it was important to the sisters to marry twin brothers.
"Even when we were little girls I can remember being in kindergarten, knowing that that is what we saw for ourselves."
Brittany said they knew the odds of them falling in love with another set of twins was "incredibly scarce", but the stars aligned nonetheless, with the sisters meeting the brothers on the last day of the Twins Days Festival last year. The girls had been attending the festival for years but for the brothers, it was their first time.
Oddly, Joshua and Jeremy had also vowed to only marry another set of identical twins. (Perhaps it's a twin thing?)
While the wedding planning could have been double the trouble Brittany and Briana say it couldn't have run more smoothly.
"A lot of the wedding planning was extremely fun and even peaceful for Brittany and I to do together because we have the same taste," Briana told PEOPLE. "We had the same vision of what our double wedding day would look like. We work well together and I would say the hardest part is planning everything across state lines because none of us live in Twinsburg, Ohio."
The day went without a hitch. Brittany said, "I get to marry the man of my dreams and at the same time I get to look over next to me and see my twin sister marrying the man of her dreams."
The wedding will air in early 2019 on TLC.
- BodyA cup of coffee a day could be the secret to burning fat
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- CareerThe Chicks Suzanne Lynch on nearing 70 and life being more exciting than ever
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 10:00am
- FamilyMental health advocate Mike King opens up about his daughter Alex following in his footsteps
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:41am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has upgraded her engagement ring from Prince Harry
Now To LoveToday 9:15am
- FamilyThe woman who supported Arthur Taylor through four decades in prison
Woman's DayToday 8:30am
- TVThe Block NZ Firehouse contestants Stacy and Adam's biggest challenge
Woman's DayYesterday 11:39am
- RoyalsSarah Ferguson brings to light one of the royal family's saddest tales from the past
Now To LoveYesterday 11:39am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan reveals how she made her royal wedding to Prince Harry feel ‘intimate’
Now To LoveYesterday 9:30am
- Food & DrinksCassidy in the Kitchen: Bravo NZ host Cassidy Morris's easy peanut butter cups
Now To LoveYesterday 8:47am
- RelationshipsDWTS judge Camilla Sacre-Dallerup's romantic Queenstown escape with her husband
Woman's DayYesterday 8:35am
- MindWestside's Antonia Prebble talks motherhood, career and how she nurtures her mind, body and soul
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 8:00am
- BodyHow to best take care of your skin in cold winter weather
Now To LoveYesterday 7:30am