It was a wild, windy but wonderful day in Wanaka, as All Black hard man Sam Cane and his beautiful bride Harriet Allen tied the knot.
Sharing their special day exclusively with Woman's Day, the new Mr and Mrs Cane exchanged their deeply personal, intimate and hilarious vows in front of 100 friends and family - including Sam's All Blacks teammates - at Rippon Hall, overlooking Wanaka's majestic lake.
A battle with the elements – and the fact half of the beer got lost in transit – didn't stop the gorgeous couple, who say it was the most perfect day.
"It's already been an amazing day," smiles Harriet, 23. "Today is all about us – our marriage, our relationship."
With the weather clearing just minutes before the ceremony – and DB Breweries stepping in with emergency booze – it was full steam ahead for the couple.
Sam and Harriet, who met in a Hamilton pub four years ago, made sure their wedding was fun, fabulous and fuss-free, whilst making sure their guests had the time of their lives!
Since their chance meeting, the Chiefs captain and the kindergarten teacher have been through it all – graduations, World Cups, adopting their fur baby Willow, overseas adventures and Sam's struggles with injury, including the terrifying broken neck he suffered at the end of 2018.
But their wedding is determinately about celebrating the couple's unique brand of love, one that's anchored in humour, heart – and a lot of competitiveness!
"Marriage won't change a lot for us, really, but we wanted to celebrate our love and commitment to each other," tells Sam, 27.
For the full story, including the full, exclusive photo album, see this week's issue of Woman's Day, out now!
- RoyalsPrincess Beatrice and Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi welcome their first child, a baby girl
Now To LoveYesterday 10:00am
- TVCelebrity Treasure Island's Tegan Yorwarth's message to internet trolls
Woman's DaySep 20, 2021
- TVBlack Ferns star Huriana Manuel's Olympic heartbreak
Woman's DaySep 15, 2021
- TVProud Dad Art Green: 'My little girl is just so special'
Woman's DaySep 13, 2021
- Celebrity NewsAngela Bloomfield's tears and fears: 'I haven't given up on love!'
Woman's DaySep 07, 2021
- Celebrity NewsJoe Naufahu's heartbreak: 'I'm doing this for Mum'
Woman's DaySep 06, 2021
- Real LifeKiwi parents nightmare: 'Our son should still be here'
Woman's DaySep 03, 2021
- Real LifeKiwi Paralympic kayaker Corbin Hart's unstoppable romance
Woman's DayAug 28, 2021
- TVCelebrity Treasure Island hosts Bree Tomasel and Matt Chisholm's special bond
Woman's DayAug 27, 2021
- Real LifeTVNZ reporter Michelle Prendiville opens up about her alopecia
Woman's DayAug 27, 2021