Here's a sobering thought. Statistics tell us that only about 20 per cent of the people we go through life with love us. Another 20 per cent don't like us, and the rest don't care either way.
Ouch. If those are the figures there's probably no point in getting hung up on the ones that don't love us. We're better to focus our energies on the ones who do.
That said, you can turn a person around. People form their first impression of us within the first five to 10 seconds of meeting us but with time they can change their minds, turning a bad first impression into a long-lasting high regard for you.
In this video body language expert Suzanne Masefield talks us through six signs to watch out for, that tell us if someone doesn't like us.
She also talks us through what we can do with our own body language to set them on a path to changing their mind, or at least not disliking us any further.
- FitnessOrangetheory: The new fitness craze that's taking off in NZ
Good Health ChoicesToday 10:00am
- BodyBeyoncé reveals the post-birth, pre-Coachella diet she says she'll never go on again
Now To LoveYesterday 2:25pm
- RoyalsA never-before-seen video of Duchess Meghan during a charity trip to India has emerged
Now To LoveYesterday 10:00am
- TVJohn Campbell is replacing Jack Tame on TVNZ's Breakfast show
Now To LoveYesterday 9:31am
- At homeFive ways to make every meal fabulous with Annabelle White
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- BodyWellington woman's life-changing recovery after controversial multiple sclerosis treatment
Woman's DayYesterday 8:40am
- RoyalsMore details have been revealed about Prince William's visit to New Zealand next week
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- BodyThe psychology behind why we binge eat and tools to help end the cycle for good
Now To LoveApr 17, 2019
- BodyThe vital things you should be doing to look after your heart
Good Health ChoicesApr 16, 2019