All Black halfback Beauden Barrett went all out when he proposed to his long-time love Hannah Laity while on holiday in Fiji in January. And if their engagement party is anything to go by, their wedding is going to be one hell of an event.
The loved-up pair threw a belated party over the weekend for their closest family and friends - and they pulled out all the stops.
The celebration was held at Royal Port Nicholson Yacht Club in Wellington's Oriental Bay.
Auckland based party stylist Vanessa Goodson, founder of OMG-Ness Styling, was flown down to the capital to style the event.
Goodson specialises in balloon installations, and her work took pride of place inside the venue. It's not the first time she has worked for All Black alum; she styled the baby shower of Fatima Savea, wife of Beauden's All Blacks teammate Julian Savea. The new parents, who welcomed baby Jude in December, managed a night out sans baby to join their friends for the celebration.
Julian and Fatima weren't the only new parents in attendance - radio stars Sharyn and Bryce Casey also left their adorable wee bub Tyson at home so the could celebrate in style on the waterfront.
Barrett's All Blacks teammate TJ Perenara was also there his girlfriend Greer Samuel.
Laity described the party as "the best night ever with all the best people."
The newly-engaged couple celebrated with not one but four individually designed cakes and limited edition Moet & Chandon champagne.
The venue was decked out in flowers including a bespoke flower wall by Sienna Reid and floral love letters by Blush & Co.
Guests entertained themselves at a custom 'selfie station' where images could be taken and loaded straight to social media using the hashtag #beaudannah. The device was flown down from Auckland and was even given its own seat on the Air New Zealand flight!
Barrett isn't the only newly engaged All Black. Ardie Savea popped the question to his childhood sweetheart Saskia in December following the birth of their first child Kobe.
All that remains to be seen is which one of them will win the race to the altar.
Our money's on Beaudannah.
January 21st 2018 update:
Beauden and Hannah married in a romantic Rakino Island wedding on Saturday 19th January. Woman's Day has exclusive coverage of their special day. See the stunning first photo of the new Mr and Mrs Barrett here.
- MindThe tools that helped this author overcome his battle with depression
Good Health ChoicesToday 11:00am
- FamilyThe Kiwi mum who couldn't find a decent parenting book so wrote one herself
Now To LoveToday 8:30pm
- BodyThe simple way to treat ageing skin concerns at home
Now To LoveToday 4:40pm
- TVCarolyn Taylor's epiphany since her return to TV on Dancing With The Stars
Woman's DayToday 2:00pm
- BodyThese common myths about sleep could be compromising your health
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- BodyEverything you need to know about measles and how to beat the disease
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- FitnessHow our body clocks influence how effectively we exercise
Now To LoveToday 6:00am
- FamilyEight foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveYesterday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveYesterday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveYesterday 11:31am
- RoyalsNew house, new baby, new continent? Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan look set to be moving to Africa
Now To LoveYesterday 9:25am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight NZ's Dan and Yuki: 'We're more in love than ever'
Woman's DayYesterday 9:20am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am