Research shows that cats vocalise more with human beings than with each other! Most kitty-to-kitty talk is non-vocal, so when your beloved fluffball communicates verbally with you, why not reward her with a DINE® Creamy Treat?
Kittens meow to their mothers, so when your fully-grown cat gives you the classic "meow" treatment, he really wants your attention. Perhaps he's trying to remind you his Egyptian ancestors were worshipped as gods… or maybe it's just dinner time.
The delightful sound of a cat's purr usually means your furry beauty is blissfully happy but purring can also mean she's feeling insecure or needy, or even a little bit under the weather. So why not stay close by and give her lots of pats?
A sound that's somewhere between a purr and a meow; lots of cat owners love the trill because it tends to mean a cheerful, "Hi, it's me, did you miss me? I'm back from the outside world/sleeping on your black pants".
It starts with the growl and moves on to the hiss. If your cat is frightened or feels threatened, or is gearing up for a fight, he'll make that deep (sometimes warbling) growl. If the pressure stays on, it will be followed up by a fierce hiss – watch out!
Ever noticed your lovely moggy staring out the window or flattened on the ground while emitting a series of bleating/chattering sounds? Follow her line of sight and sure enough she's spotted a bird or other prey that's frustratingly just out of reach…
- Pregnancy & BirthSamantha Hayes excitedly announces the gender of her baby
Now To LoveToday 12:00pm
- Diet & NutritionThe truth about coconut oil: Is it actually as good for us as we've been told?
Good Health ChoicesToday 10:00am
- CareerMean Mums' Morgana O'Reilly gets candid about her school days
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 9:23am
- FamilyHow to get your children off the screens and out into the sunshine
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 12:00pm
- Pregnancy & BirthFear and panic followed by joy: The Edge's Chang Hung welcomes his much longed-for daughter
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- CareerHow Louise Stainthorpe went from stay at home mum to 'badass businesswoman'
Woman's DayJul 19, 2019
- FitnessCommon mistakes to avoid when you're working out for weight loss
Good Health ChoicesJul 19, 2019
- RoyalsThe very unusual way Duchess Camilla just celebrated her 72nd birthday
Now To LoveJul 18, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ's Lisa and Ribz fire back at the 'harsh and nasty' judges
Woman's DayJul 18, 2019
- CareerQueen of tiny: Why I love recreating everything I see in miniature
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJul 18, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a black and a rose gold Samsung Galaxy Watch Active worth $349 each!
Good Health ChoicesJul 18, 2019
- WeddingsBride quits job to plan her dream wedding and demands her fiancé get a second job
Now To LoveJul 17, 2019
- BodyKaty Perry and Orlando Bloom's new age secret to staying young
Now To LoveJul 17, 2019