When The Block NZ judge Kristina Rapley invites Woman's Day into her West Auckland home, she's full of apologies, explaining her house is "pre-reno". Yet we're greeted by beautiful wooden floors, colourful furniture, bright pot plants and a breathtaking view of a jungle-like backyard.
Her on-trend decorating makes it clear why the Your Home and Garden magazine editor was chosen for her role on the Three reality series, but two of the things she's most proud of in her home aren't anything to do with interior design – they're her husband Ashton and her adorable dog Blue. And if she were to ever sign up for the show herself, she says Ashton would be her teammate of choice.
"He's the ultimate handyman and is one of the most determined people I know, so he's the perfect reno partner," laughs Kristina.
"He's also totally property-obsessed – he is across every single new property listing in West Auckland. We renovated our first home together, a little cottage in Swanson. It was very much a DIY affair and we learnt so much."
This year has been full of milestones for Kristina, who not only scored her first TV role but also married Ashton after a seven-year romance.
"Shelley [Ferguson] convinced me to do a screen test," the brunette beauty tells.
"I was definitely apprehensive, but I knew I'd regret it if I passed up such a cool opportunity. Working in magazines and media my whole career, I'm used to being behind the camera, so being in front of it is so weird. It's even strange being interviewed by you as I'm usually the interviewer!"
Now that she's had her eyes opened to just how hard the contestants work, Kristina says she won't be competing any time soon.
She laughs, "I've always wanted to sign up but couldn't because of work. Now, after seeing the dire living conditions from the first few weeks, I think it was probably for the best!"
Scroll down for more images of Kristina's stunning home.
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan's tips for hosting the perfect Christmas dinner
Now To LoveToday 8:30am
- FamilyGemma McCaw's Christmas joy: 'Words can't describe how grateful I am'
Woman's DayToday 8:10am
- BodyWhat form of yoga is best for you? Here are six of the most popular
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 12:00pm
- CareerThe near-death experience that led Wicken jewellery creator Kim McKay to become a good witch
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 10:00am
- FamilyChristmas with the stars: How Miriama Kamo will be spending the holidays
Woman's DayYesterday 7:55am
- BodyEating soluble fibre more could be a game-changer for those living with asthma
Good Health ChoicesDec 07, 2019
- BodyGemma McCaw's 5 rookie mistakes to avoid when working out
Woman's DayDec 07, 2019
- BodyEarly bird or night owl? What your sleep patterns say about you
The Australian Women's WeeklyDec 07, 2019
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine reveals Prince Louis has started talking
Now To LoveDec 06, 2019
- BodyHer sister's keeper: Brave battler Eva Mitchell's unbreakable sibling bond
Woman's DayDec 05, 2019
- MakeupHow to find a foundation that matches your skin perfectly
Now To LoveDec 05, 2019
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine shares her family’s secret for picking the best Christmas tree
Now To LoveDec 05, 2019
- CareerChristmas horoscopes: What's in store for you this festive season
The Australian Women's WeeklyDec 05, 2019