When The Block NZ judge Kristina Rapley invites Woman's Day into her West Auckland home, she's full of apologies, explaining her house is "pre-reno". Yet we're greeted by beautiful wooden floors, colourful furniture, bright pot plants and a breathtaking view of a jungle-like backyard.
Her on-trend decorating makes it clear why the Your Home and Garden magazine editor was chosen for her role on the Three reality series, but two of the things she's most proud of in her home aren't anything to do with interior design – they're her husband Ashton and her adorable dog Blue. And if she were to ever sign up for the show herself, she says Ashton would be her teammate of choice.
"He's the ultimate handyman and is one of the most determined people I know, so he's the perfect reno partner," laughs Kristina.
"He's also totally property-obsessed – he is across every single new property listing in West Auckland. We renovated our first home together, a little cottage in Swanson. It was very much a DIY affair and we learnt so much."
This year has been full of milestones for Kristina, who not only scored her first TV role but also married Ashton after a seven-year romance.
"Shelley [Ferguson] convinced me to do a screen test," the brunette beauty tells.
"I was definitely apprehensive, but I knew I'd regret it if I passed up such a cool opportunity. Working in magazines and media my whole career, I'm used to being behind the camera, so being in front of it is so weird. It's even strange being interviewed by you as I'm usually the interviewer!"
Now that she's had her eyes opened to just how hard the contestants work, Kristina says she won't be competing any time soon.
She laughs, "I've always wanted to sign up but couldn't because of work. Now, after seeing the dire living conditions from the first few weeks, I think it was probably for the best!"
Scroll down for more images of Kristina's stunning home.
- Celebrity NewsMiley Cyrus has shared brand new photos from her wedding to Liam Hemsworth
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie's special message to husband Jack Brooksbank
Now To LoveYesterday 12:00pm
- CareerKiwi women who've made it their mission to make life better for others
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 11:35am
- BodyThis 9 year old has a new heart thanks to one family's incredible gift of life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 11:00am
- RoyalsPrince Harry spent Valentine's Day next to a shrine dedicated to himself and Duchess Meghan
Now To LoveYesterday 10:30am
- Married at First SightMAFS' Matthew Bennett insists losing his virginity to Lauren hasn't changed him
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine looks gorgeous in Gucci as she attends the 100 Women in Finance Gala
Now To LoveFeb 14, 2019
- RelationshipsArt Green and Matilda Rice's family plans: they are so clucky!
Woman's DayFeb 14, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to Ports of Auckland Round the Bays plus a Samsung S9
Now To LoveFeb 14, 2019
- Celebrity NewsCold Feet's Hermione Norris lists all the reasons why she'd love to live in New Zealand
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyFeb 14, 2019
- WeddingsShortland St star Beluah Koale marries his soulmate in a day of 'pure joy'
Woman's DayFeb 13, 2019