When it comes to the silly season, food has always been a central part of the celebration. From scrumptious hams and turkeys to mouth-watering Christmas cakes, it's hard to resist. But for Instagram star Simone Anderson, it's all about having a healthy and balanced festive feast.
"Food at Christmas is something special to look forward to. Everyone gets involved and it's something your family can do together," says the 27-year-old, who shot to fame online after documenting her shocking 92kg weight loss from gastric sleeve surgery.
"Our family loves to do salads and it sounds really bloody boring, but they're not your normal salads – these are packed full of veges, pine nuts and other great stuff.
"We are all in charge of a different dish each year and we try to create the most epic salads you've ever seen," tells Simone. "If you're having those beautiful fresh salads and veges, it balances it out and you can have a few treats."
Cooking at home is another important tradition, with the newly engaged star saying, "When you've cooked yourself, the pleasure of eating is so much more. You know what you've put into it and you know how much love has gone into it!"
- RoyalsPrince William was just asked how he'd feel if one of his children came out as gay
Now To LoveToday 10:00am
- CareerMeet the trailblazing female shepherd who won a prestigious award previously only won by men
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:18am
- RoyalsYet another example of the harsh double standard Duchess Meghan faces
Now To LoveToday 8:15am
- RoyalsSarah, Duchess of York, is recognised with an award for her charity work
Now To LoveToday 12:10pm
- RoyalsHow much do the royal family spend on travel a year?
Now To LoveToday 11:00am
- RoyalsThe Queen just passed on this very special patronage to Duchess Catherine
Now To LoveToday 8:30am
- TVThe Block NZ Firehouse contestants Sophia and Mikaere: 'We'll come out stronger than ever'
Woman's DayToday 8:05am
- TVWhy 2019's Dancing with the Stars cast was so close - and who's missing who now that it's over
Now To LoveYesterday 3:42pm
- BodyA cup of coffee a day could be the secret to burning fat
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine and Prince William are reportedly planning a royal tour of Asia this year
Now To LoveYesterday 10:30am
- CareerThe Chicks Suzanne Lynch on nearing 70 and life being more exciting than ever
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 10:00am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight's Martha Kalifatidis opens up about being bullied
Now To LoveYesterday 9:55am
- FamilyMental health advocate Mike King opens up about his daughter Alex following in his footsteps
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:41am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has upgraded her engagement ring from Prince Harry
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am