When it comes to the silly season, food has always been a central part of the celebration. From scrumptious hams and turkeys to mouth-watering Christmas cakes, it's hard to resist. But for Instagram star Simone Anderson, it's all about having a healthy and balanced festive feast.
"Food at Christmas is something special to look forward to. Everyone gets involved and it's something your family can do together," says the 27-year-old, who shot to fame online after documenting her shocking 92kg weight loss from gastric sleeve surgery.
"Our family loves to do salads and it sounds really bloody boring, but they're not your normal salads – these are packed full of veges, pine nuts and other great stuff.
"We are all in charge of a different dish each year and we try to create the most epic salads you've ever seen," tells Simone. "If you're having those beautiful fresh salads and veges, it balances it out and you can have a few treats."
Cooking at home is another important tradition, with the newly engaged star saying, "When you've cooked yourself, the pleasure of eating is so much more. You know what you've put into it and you know how much love has gone into it!"
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan's tips for hosting the perfect Christmas dinner
Now To LoveToday 8:30am
- FamilyGemma McCaw's Christmas joy: 'Words can't describe how grateful I am'
Woman's DayToday 8:10am
- BodyWhat form of yoga is best for you? Here are six of the most popular
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 12:00pm
- CareerThe near-death experience that led Wicken jewellery creator Kim McKay to become a good witch
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 10:00am
- FamilyChristmas with the stars: How Miriama Kamo will be spending the holidays
Woman's DayYesterday 7:55am
- BodyEating soluble fibre more could be a game-changer for those living with asthma
Good Health ChoicesDec 07, 2019
- BodyGemma McCaw's 5 rookie mistakes to avoid when working out
Woman's DayDec 07, 2019
- BodyEarly bird or night owl? What your sleep patterns say about you
The Australian Women's WeeklyDec 07, 2019
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine reveals Prince Louis has started talking
Now To LoveDec 06, 2019
- BodyHer sister's keeper: Brave battler Eva Mitchell's unbreakable sibling bond
Woman's DayDec 05, 2019
- MakeupHow to find a foundation that matches your skin perfectly
Now To LoveDec 05, 2019
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine shares her family’s secret for picking the best Christmas tree
Now To LoveDec 05, 2019
- CareerChristmas horoscopes: What's in store for you this festive season
The Australian Women's WeeklyDec 05, 2019