For TVNZ presenter Renee Wright, Christmas is all about presents – but not in the way that you might think!
The brunette beauty grew up with the tradition of donating her toys to charity and it's an important lesson she's passed on to her three children, Leo, seven, Gigi, five, and Arabella, two.
"As I kid, I would go to my bedroom and pick out one of my toys to give away and sometimes we'd give new ones too," says Renee, 37. "Those are the memories from my childhood and it was such an important message.
"My children are so lucky and they need to understand just how fortunate they are. Not everyone gets that wonderful experience at Christmas, so when they can, they need to try to share a little bit of that magic with others.
"I would encourage everyone to donate a gift," implores the star.
"Even if you think you don't have much to give, you can make something, or write a card or a poem. It's just that feeling that you're making someone feel like they've been thought about."
- Real LifeYoung dad's incredible feat to save his family from certain death
Woman's DayToday 9:30am
- CareerThe tough Kiwi women who are running organisations that were traditionally 'boys' clubs'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:17am
- FamilyShortland Street's Laurel Devenie introduces her gorgeous new arrival to the world
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- CareerMore orgasms, less waste: why these are life goals we should all aspire to
- Relationships9 common dating mistakes - and how you can avoid making them
Now To LoveYesterday 3:00pm
- RoyalsTennis legend Stan Smith gives Duchess Catherine a very special gift for Prince Louis at Wimbledon
Now To LoveYesterday 12:45pm
- TVThe Block NZ's Sophia and Mikaere disqualified after cheating scandal
Now To LoveYesterday 12:20pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine returns to Wimbledon to present Novak Djokovic with his winning trophy
Now To LoveYesterday 10:45am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan and Beyoncé share a hug and talk parenting at the European premiere of the Lion King
Now To LoveYesterday 9:19am
- FamilyRobbie Magasiva opens up about the devastating loss of his beloved brother Pua
Woman's DayYesterday 8:45am
- Destinations CitiesWhere to go for adventure when you holiday in Vanuatu
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- BodyThe silent language that is central and beneficial to our lives, and how we can get more of it
Good Health ChoicesJul 14, 2019