For TVNZ presenter Renee Wright, Christmas is all about presents – but not in the way that you might think!
The brunette beauty grew up with the tradition of donating her toys to charity and it's an important lesson she's passed on to her three children, Leo, seven, Gigi, five, and Arabella, two.
"As I kid, I would go to my bedroom and pick out one of my toys to give away and sometimes we'd give new ones too," says Renee, 37. "Those are the memories from my childhood and it was such an important message.
"My children are so lucky and they need to understand just how fortunate they are. Not everyone gets that wonderful experience at Christmas, so when they can, they need to try to share a little bit of that magic with others.
"I would encourage everyone to donate a gift," implores the star.
"Even if you think you don't have much to give, you can make something, or write a card or a poem. It's just that feeling that you're making someone feel like they've been thought about."
- FamilyReal Housewives of Auckland's Anne Batley-Burton on the sad secret to her business success
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:15am
- MindJo Seagar on the importance of talking about death
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:00am
- FamilyThese inspiring people are our individual 'Grandparent of the year' winners
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 4:00pm
- RoyalsAnother royal wedding: All the details from Lady Gabriella Windsor’s gorgeous nuptials
Now To LoveToday 1:20pm
- TVNadia Lim admits Dancing With The Stars is 'the biggest challenge I've ever taken on'
Woman's DayToday 1:00pm
- PetsMeet NZ's most lovable rescue pet: Tinkerbelle 'the wobble dog'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 7:45am
- CareerAlexandria Ocasio-Cortez and the band of women shaking up America
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 12:00pm
- RoyalsHappy 1st wedding anniversary Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan! A timeline of their beautiful love story
Now To LoveYesterday 10:00am
- FamilyDancing with the Stars judge Rachel White on why NZ has a special place in her heart
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- FamilyDear Thomasin and Davida: Miranda Harcourt's open letter to her daughters
The Australian Women's WeeklyMay 18, 2019
- MindThree women share their inspiring journeys towards empowerment, self-healing and learning to forgive
Good Health ChoicesMay 18, 2019
- FertilityAfter $70,000 spent on IVF Sharee Welch can finally hold her miracle twins
Woman's DayMay 18, 2019