For TVNZ presenter Renee Wright, Christmas is all about presents – but not in the way that you might think!
The brunette beauty grew up with the tradition of donating her toys to charity and it's an important lesson she's passed on to her three children, Leo, seven, Gigi, five, and Arabella, two.
"As I kid, I would go to my bedroom and pick out one of my toys to give away and sometimes we'd give new ones too," says Renee, 37. "Those are the memories from my childhood and it was such an important message.
"My children are so lucky and they need to understand just how fortunate they are. Not everyone gets that wonderful experience at Christmas, so when they can, they need to try to share a little bit of that magic with others.
"I would encourage everyone to donate a gift," implores the star.
"Even if you think you don't have much to give, you can make something, or write a card or a poem. It's just that feeling that you're making someone feel like they've been thought about."
- RoyalsInside a play date with Prince George and Princess Charlotte at Kensington Palace
Now To LoveYesterday 3:40pm
- PetsThe online pet product delivery service that just made your life easier
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsIs this a clue that Duchess Meghan is relaunching her lifestyle blog The Tig?
Now To LoveYesterday 11:15am
- CareerFrom Shortland Street to water births: Katherine McRae's new focus
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:09am
- RoyalsNew book details the lives of the photographers who captured the royals behind closed doors
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- FamilyNadene Lomu's tearful confession: Pushed to breaking point after Jonah's death
Woman's DayYesterday 7:45am
- EntertainmentWoman's Day Bonds X-Temp hottest media hunk has been crowned
Woman's DaySep 16, 2019
- TVThe top five moments from Celebrity Treasure Island this week
Now To LoveSep 15, 2019
- CareerHelen Mirren on why being old is 'cool' and marriage is great
The Australian Women's WeeklySep 15, 2019