Start small - evolution not revolution
Make positive changes
Nicola's tips to simplify your life
- Buying everything in bulk from food to cleaning products saves time, money and packaging. Brands such as ecostore have refill stations available so you can reuse packaging.
- Using your freezer means you can make the most of seasonal produce and avoid things going off.
- When buying takeaway food or coffee take your own containers.
- Focusing on experiences over things is a great way to spend time together and create memories.
- Start traditions – my children get given winter pyjamas every Easter and shoes on their birthday.
- Keep a list on your phone of things your kids (or you) really need or want. If you ever get asked you've got ideas at the ready.
- Choose quality over quantity. While it's tempting to buy something cheap, it usually comes at a cost. What the world really doesn't need is more clothing waste.
- Fix what you have – resoling shoes or repairing a tear gives things a second life.
- If you find something you love – go home and sleep on it, rather than forking out for it right then and there!