Matty McLean may not have any children of his own to celebrate Christmas with, but his adorable fur baby Otis certainly fills that hole in his heart!
When the Breakfast reporter snuggles up with his pup on our photo shoot, it's clear he's smitten as he explains that Otis travels everywhere with him and boyfriend Ryan Teece.
"We'll be spending Christmas in the South Island with family and we're taking Otis with us," smiles Matty, 31, who says his well-travelled pooch loves to fly.
Last year, Otis joined Matty's family in Queenstown and this year, they'll be visiting Ryan's clan in Nelson before enjoying a summer road trip together.
"Christmas is such an exciting time for families to share the love and for so many people, a dog is such a crucial part of their family," explains Matty.
"You can't have Christmas without your animals because they are family. Otis is my child, so he will absolutely be part of our celebration, plus he loves travelling – he wouldn't forgive us if we left him behind!"
- RoyalsPrince William was just asked how he'd feel if one of his children came out as gay
Now To LoveToday 10:00am
- CareerMeet the trailblazing female shepherd who won a prestigious award previously only won by men
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:18am
- RoyalsYet another example of the harsh double standard Duchess Meghan faces
Now To LoveToday 8:15am
- RoyalsSarah, Duchess of York, is recognised with an award for her charity work
Now To LoveToday 12:10pm
- RoyalsHow much do the royal family spend on travel a year?
Now To LoveToday 11:00am
- RoyalsThe Queen just passed on this very special patronage to Duchess Catherine
Now To LoveToday 8:30am
- TVThe Block NZ Firehouse contestants Sophia and Mikaere: 'We'll come out stronger than ever'
Woman's DayToday 8:05am
- TVWhy 2019's Dancing with the Stars cast was so close - and who's missing who now that it's over
Now To LoveYesterday 3:42pm
- BodyA cup of coffee a day could be the secret to burning fat
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine and Prince William are reportedly planning a royal tour of Asia this year
Now To LoveYesterday 10:30am
- CareerThe Chicks Suzanne Lynch on nearing 70 and life being more exciting than ever
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 10:00am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight's Martha Kalifatidis opens up about being bullied
Now To LoveYesterday 9:55am
- FamilyMental health advocate Mike King opens up about his daughter Alex following in his footsteps
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:41am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has upgraded her engagement ring from Prince Harry
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am