At 70, Peta Mathias is as vibrant and full of verve as ever. Spending half her time in France and the other half in New Zealand, the Kiwi chef and author has created an exciting career and lifestyle hosting international culinary tours overseas and teaching people how to cook. It embodies all that she loves in life - food, travel and people.
We caught up with Peta at the beginning of 2019 in Auckland. Fresh back from a trip to India with suitcases full-to-overflowing with exquisite clothes and jewellery, she was all set for a Kiwi summer of lamb chops, asparagus, and relaxing in the shade of a tree.
In this two-minute video Peta opens up about life, love, food and why you'd never catch her singing karaoke. She reveals what she'd be if she were a tree, and shares her best piece of advice from her mother:
"Always buy very good clothes when you're flush so that when you're poor you still look great."
We like that.
- RoyalsPrince Harry reveals he felt 'there was no option' but to leave royal life
Now To LoveToday 11:18am
- RoyalsMike and Zara Tindall open up about family life and why they consider Australia their 'second home'
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 11:00am
- Diet & NutritionWhich diet would work best for you according to your personality
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:00am
- RoyalsThe Queen confirms the Sussexes will no longer use their HRH titles in an update on their royal exit
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- MindParalympian Sophie Pascoe opens up about her two-year private battle and why she tries to stay real on social media
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 7:57am
- Body8 Kiwi stars reveal their health, fitness and wellbeing goals for 2020
Good Health ChoicesJan 18, 2020
- MindHow to live a life less rushed: savouring the good times
NEXTJan 18, 2020
- CareerBrendan Cole's new X-Factor Celebrity gig and why he's happy to have the tables turned
Woman's DayJan 18, 2020
- CompetitionsWin $200 worth of back to school gift cards with Woman's Day
Now To LoveJan 17, 2020
- WeddingsSevens star Stacey Waaka's heavenly Waikato wedding
Woman's DayJan 17, 2020
- RoyalsThe cute moment Prince William mistakes a photo of himself for Princess Charlotte
Now To LoveJan 16, 2020
- Pregnancy & BirthMeet Jessica Mutch-McKay's sweet little bundle of joy Margaux
Woman's DayJan 16, 2020
- CompetitionsWin an amazing Dr. Hauschka pamper pack worth $530
Good Health ChoicesJan 16, 2020