The best piece of advice I received from my mum is…
My mum is an amazing choreographer, so her best advice (aside from EVERYTHING else) is all performance related. Always choreograph the curtain call properly – even though it's the last thing on your mind; don't de-energise your body when you're facing upstage – keep your back "alive"; and when doing anything, engage your lower abdominals.
The most important thing I want to teach my kids is…
Be kind and know that the negative actions of others are usually a manifestation of their own fears and insecurities.
The show I last binge-watched was...
RuPaul's Drag Race at any spare minute.
The best part about being a mum is…
The cuddles, the chats and the giggles.
My most memorable moment from school was…
I feel terrible about this now, but being cheeky was one of my favourite pastimes at school.
If I had to choose another career I would be…
A doula (birth companion) or midwife and help women to be the best birthing mamas they can be!
If you could live in any other era, what would it be and why?
I've always felt an affinity with the hippie era of the late 1960s. Take me to Woodstock! I love the music and fashion, but I would have loved to have been part of that energy and activism. I'm doing my best to be a part of the energy and activism of today instead.
The item I would save from a fire is…
Assuming the family is out safe, I'd grab our hard drives holding all the photos and my huge fruit salad plant!
I can never leave the house without…
Sunnies, wallet, keys, phone.
My biggest inspiration is…
My husband – he is a very talented film-maker and is always pushing and inspiring me to be creative.
The three words I would use to describe me are…
Charming, silly, full-of-podcast-facts.
The quality I admire most in people is…
Humour and credibility.
Book or movie?
I am the slowest reader, but love being in the middle of a good book.
Singing or dancing?
Dancing. All night. While singing. Loudly.
Hot or cold?
Hot weather. Cold water.
Poached or scrambled eggs?
My dad's scrambled eggs.
Pancakes or waffles?
My husband's pancakes with lemon and honey!
- Pregnancy & BirthAll the gorgeous details from Samantha Hayes’ 'beautiful' baby shower
Now To LoveToday 12:17pm
- TVFour curious things we've learned about the stars on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveToday 10:42am
- TVThe first trailer for Married at First Sight NZ has been released and it's utter chaos
Now To LoveToday 9:48am
- FamilyWhy Karl Burnett is hoping to be voted off Celebrity Treasure Island
Woman's DayToday 8:30am
- Destinations CitiesTranquil Tahiti: Where the tastes of France, Polynesia and China meet
- CareerHow Kiwi women are using technology to fit their work around their lifestyles
- CareerPlaying his idol in a new miniseries: Mosese Veaila's real-life connection to Jonah Lomu
Woman's DayYesterday 9:55am
- BodyLily McManus' secret battle: Why she hid her hearing loss
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- CareerMeryl Streep on turning 70, her greatest loss and why she's grateful to Jane Fonda
The Australian Women's WeeklyAug 17, 2019
- RoyalsSuits just made a cute reference to Duchess Meghan’s new life as a royal
Now To LoveAug 16, 2019
- RoyalsThe royal family celebrate Princess Anne's 69th birthday
Now To LoveAug 16, 2019
- CareerMeet new Zealand's fastest under-21 female drag racer
Woman's DayAug 16, 2019