Balance in life: is it attainable? We posed this question to five well-known New Zealand women: Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern, TV presenters Renee Wright and Kanoa Lloyd, celebrity chef Nadia Lim and Kiwi actress Claire Chitham.
Like the rest of us, they juggle careers with various other roles that can include nurturer, friend, daughter and partner. Unsurprisingly, they all agreed that balance in life is not often attainable.
"We can only do our best," surmises Jacinda Ardern - and maybe in the case of motherhood our best will never equate to perfect equilibrium, she suggests.
"If there's a secret recipe I'd like to know it," laughs Renee Wright.
"I enjoy being imperfect," declares Nadia Lim.
Kanoa Lloyd encourages women to "be your own best friend", and Fresh Eggs star Claire Chitham speaks to the importance of prioritising your health.
Their answers simply highlight the fact that achieving balance is a struggle for most women - but their advice for not being hard on yourself about that is uplifting, empathetic and insightful. Watch the video to find out more.
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan's first appearance after her maternity leave has been revealed
Now To LoveToday 12:30pm
- Married at First SightDevastating news as MAFS' Nic reveals his cancer has returned
Now To LoveToday 11:28am
- FamilyGemma McCaw on the importance of being a role model for your children
Woman's DayToday 10:30am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight's Tamara and Mick get cosy off screen
Now To LoveToday 8:33am
- Mind4 reasons why embracing boredom could change your life for the better
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:30am
- Diet & Nutrition'I Quit Sugar' author Sarah Wilson talks diet, anxiety and going back-to-basics
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:00am
- BodyHow this woman came up with a way to help women struggling with PCOS take control
Good Health ChoicesToday 7:45am
- BodyHow to understand your body clock for the best quality sleep
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 12:00pm
- CareerThe modern nun: meet the enterprising Carmelite nuns of Melbourne who run their own beauty product business
The Australian Women's WeeklyMar 23, 2019
- FamilyThe mindfulness coach changing Kiwi kids' lives by teaching them how to meditate
The Australian Women's WeeklyMar 22, 2019
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan’s former co-star reveals what she’s really like in real life
Now To LoveMar 22, 2019