Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern has been named in Fortune magazine's '40 under 40' list.
Ardern, 37, was listed at number 12 in the list, which is headed by Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg and Instagram co-founder Kevin Systrom.
Fortune magazine said Ardern, a one-time DJ, became a "rock star of New Zealand politics."
"Her fervent support among Kiwis, dubbed Jacindamania, helped reverse her Labour Party's ailing fortunes this fall and catapulted her to the title of world's youngest female leader," Fortune magazine said.
"The buzz continued when she announced her pregnancy and in June painted a once-in-a-generation vignette: a female head of government, cradling her newborn and embarking on six weeks of maternity leave.
"Her time off is flexible, it seems. In July she announced welfare reforms - including a weekly stipend for new parents -as part of Labour's promise to improve well-being in a nation that's grappling with housing and immigration crises."
"So, this just happened," the tweet read.
"I mean I was just pleased I had paid my student loan off by 40...."
Ardern also made Time Magazine's list of the year's 100 most influential people earlier this year.
- BodyThese common myths about sleep could be compromising your health
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- BodyEverything you need to know about measles and how to beat the disease
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- FitnessHow our body clocks influence how effectively we exercise
Now To LoveToday 6:00am
- Family8 foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveYesterday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveYesterday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveYesterday 11:31am
- RoyalsNew house, new baby, new continent? Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan look set to be moving to Africa
Now To LoveYesterday 9:25am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight NZ's Dan and Yuki: 'We're more in love than ever'
Woman's DayYesterday 9:20am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- CareerThe Kiwi couple who are making comfy prosthetic breasts
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- At homeWhy a magazine subscription is the perfect gift for you or someone you love
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- CareerAnnabelle White's recipe to living a happy, contented life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 8:42am
- FamilyFamily meal inspiration: Jo Seagar's 'loaves and fishes' approach to family meals
The Australian Women's WeeklyApr 22, 2019
- MindWhy travel memories play an important part in helping to develop our personality
Good Health ChoicesApr 22, 2019