WATCH THIS VIDEO
Nadia Lim believes taking a mini mind break is essential for your health.
"This can simply be a day away from work, or you can head to the beach, go for a walk or spend a night or two away if you have time."
Digitally detoxing during this time is important, she adds.
"For the break to be effective you actually need to switch off, so no checking your work emails, computer or phone," she says.
This month (on July 14 and 21) Nadia Lim and the NADIA team is hosting Healthy, Well-thy, Wise 2018: A mind, body & soul workshop.
Why not join them this winter and treat yourself to a nourishing afternoon? At this inspiring workshop, Nadia and fellow wellness experts, Kelly Baker and Annaliese Jones, will discuss their philosophies around fitness, wellbeing and nutrition, and treat you to a wholesome afternoon tea and invigorating yoga session.
NADIA naturopath Annaliese Jones, who will be sharing her wellness tips on the day, says, "Taking the time to nurture yourself is always worthwhile, whether it's a week, a weekend or just a day," she says. "I suggest booking a few mini retreats throughout the year. It may seem hard (and selfish) to find the space in your calendar, but you'll never regret it. Everyone's notion of a retreat is different, but at the heart of the idea is withdrawing, for a time, from the pressures of everyday life, whatever they may be."
"Do what makes you happy, whatever that is," adds Nadia. "You'll find you're more creative and most productive when you are out doing what you love. It's at that moment when you switch off that your subconscious seems to begin firing ideas again."
- BodyHayley Holt opens up about how sobriety has positively affected her life and made her braver and stronger
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:30am
- CareerMean Mums' Anna Jullienne: What she's learned about raising boys, and other fun facts
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 8:00am
- Pregnancy & BirthSamantha Hayes excitedly announces the gender of her baby
Now To LoveToday 12:00pm
- Diet & NutritionThe truth about coconut oil: Is it actually as good for us as we've been told?
Good Health ChoicesToday 10:00am
- CareerMean Mums' Morgana O'Reilly gets candid about her school days
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 9:23am
- FamilyHow to get your children off the screens and out into the sunshine
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 12:00pm
- Pregnancy & BirthFear and panic followed by joy: The Edge's Chang Hung welcomes his much longed-for daughter
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- CareerHow Louise Stainthorpe went from stay at home mum to 'badass businesswoman'
Woman's DayJul 19, 2019
- FitnessCommon mistakes to avoid when you're working out for weight loss
Good Health ChoicesJul 19, 2019
- RoyalsThe very unusual way Duchess Camilla just celebrated her 72nd birthday
Now To LoveJul 18, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ's Lisa and Ribz fire back at the 'harsh and nasty' judges
Woman's DayJul 18, 2019
- CareerQueen of tiny: Why I love recreating everything I see in miniature
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJul 18, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a black and a rose gold Samsung Galaxy Watch Active worth $349 each!
Good Health ChoicesJul 18, 2019