1. Trust that everything will work out
- 'I consciously trust that everything will be fine.'
- 'I trust that I will complete this task in time.'
- 'Would I still remember this stressful situation in 2030? I don't think so.'
- 'I do my best, but I do realise that this particular task is not that important. The survival of mankind doesn't depend on it, now does it?'
- 'I keep a calm mind and won't allow my ego to stress me out for something that is not that vital anyway.'
2. Slow down
- Drink your morning coffee slowly and taste it consciously
- Walk to the office kitchen/garden/water cooler slowly (take the stairs) and observe the bodily sensations of walking
- Write an email slowly, with full attention to the right tone
- Listen to your colleague with patience, rather than trying to get rid of him asap
- Scroll through your Instagram feed and pick a photo to really take in, rather than quickly scanning it
3. Redesign your life in 2020
- Would you rather go fast and have shallow encounters, or slow down and create experiences worth remembering?
- Would you rather scroll through your Facebook feed or have an inspiring conversation with a loved one?
- Would you rather be a strict manager or a much-loved leader?
- Would you rather work long hours to provide financial comfort for your family, or work less and be fully present with plenty of time for play and talk?