When the U.S News & World Report released details of the healthiest diets for 2018, we must admit, we had no idea what the healthiest diet was.
In fact, after a quick survey around the office, we found that many of us ('all of us') had never even heard of it. So you'd be forgiven for not knowing what the DASH diet entails.
The DASH diet, which tied for first place with the Mediterranean diet for its healthiness, heart-friendliness and relatively cheap cost, is very easy to follow. You may even be following the DASH diet unknowingly (which is great news for those of us who want to diet with very minimal effort).
To follow the DASH diet, check out the specifications in the video above, but you've been warned: the DASH diet recommends exercise as well as healthy eating, so if you were looking for a quick fix this may not be the diet for you.
Diet guidelines have started recommending lifestyle changes in addition to their eating plan to help you maximise results. For example, the Volumetrics diet recommends no watching TV while you eat. So if you want to get serious about your health and fitness, you're going to want to choose the diet that you can stick to (not the one that nixes your nightly Netflix habit).
We've made a list of the top 10 diets for 2018 to help you choose.
- Celebrity NewsMiley Cyrus has shared brand new photos from her wedding to Liam Hemsworth
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie's special message to husband Jack Brooksbank
Now To LoveYesterday 12:00pm
- CareerKiwi women who've made it their mission to make life better for others
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 11:35am
- BodyThis 9 year old has a new heart thanks to one family's incredible gift of life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 11:00am
- RoyalsPrince Harry spent Valentine's Day next to a shrine dedicated to himself and Duchess Meghan
Now To LoveYesterday 10:30am
- Married at First SightMAFS' Matthew Bennett insists losing his virginity to Lauren hasn't changed him
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine looks gorgeous in Gucci as she attends the 100 Women in Finance Gala
Now To LoveFeb 14, 2019
- RelationshipsArt Green and Matilda Rice's family plans: they are so clucky!
Woman's DayFeb 14, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to Ports of Auckland Round the Bays plus a Samsung S9
Now To LoveFeb 14, 2019
- Celebrity NewsCold Feet's Hermione Norris lists all the reasons why she'd love to live in New Zealand
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyFeb 14, 2019
- WeddingsShortland St star Beluah Koale marries his soulmate in a day of 'pure joy'
Woman's DayFeb 13, 2019