Fresh Strawberry Milk
Preparation: 5 minutes
2. Place 100s and 1000s in a small saucer. Rub honey around the rims of 2 small glasses or bottles. Twirl rims in saucer of 100s and 1000s to decorate. Fill glasses with strawberry milk and serve.
Berry Custard Popsicles
Preparation & cooking: 15 minutes (plus freezing)
2. Place half the milk, cornflour, remaining sugar and egg yolks in a bowl. Using a whisk, mix until smooth, then whisk in remaining milk. Transfer mixture to a saucepan and heat gently, stirring continuously until thickened. Do not boil.
3. Fill popsicle moulds, alternating layers of custard and berry mixture. Tap lightly to remove air bubbles, insert sticks and freeze until set.
Easy Cheesy Savoury Scrolls
Preparation & cooking: 25 minutes
2. Place flour, baking powder, butter, salt and herbs in a processor and pulse until butter forms fine crumbs. Add ¾ of the cheese and pulse to mix, then add the milk in 2-3 increments, pulsing briefly after each addition.
3. Dust the bench lightly with flour and roll dough into a long rectangle, approximately 34cm x 23cm. With the long side facing you, spread the chutney over the dough then roll into a log.
4. Use a serrated knife to slice log into 12 pieces and place them cut side down on the prepared tray. Sprinkle lightly with remaining cheese and bake for 15 minutes or until risen and golden. Serve warm or cold.
Lemon Custard Tarts
Preparation & cooking: 15 minutes
2. Transfer mixture to a saucepan and heat gently, stirring continuously until thickened. Do not boil. Remove from heat and whisk in lemon zest and curd. Set aside until almost cooled.
3. Whisk lightly and spoon into tart cases. Store in fridge until needed.
Blueberry & Banana Mini Muffins
Preparation & cooking: 30 minutes
2. In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder and sugar. In another bowl, lightly whisk together melted butter, milk, egg and vanilla. Stir in mashed banana. Mix liquids into dry ingredients until just combined.
3. Fold blueberries into batter. Using a teaspoon, fill each patty case ¾ full. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown and springy. When cooled, mini muffins can be frozen for using in lunchboxes or for afternoon snacks.