Add 5 drops of grapefruit essential oil to a damp cloth and rub on areas with cellulite.
Add 10 drops of grapefruit essential oil to water and Epsom salts, then soak.
Add 30 drops of sweet orange essential oil to 20ml of apricot kernal oil, and use for a gentle lymphatic massage.
Once or twice a day, dab 1-2 drops of organic lemon essential oil directly on varicose veins. Repeat until you see a difference.
Add 3 drops of bergamot essential oil and 2 drops of lemon essential oil to 5ml jojoba oil or aloe vera gel: it's a natural deodorant.
Add 1-3 drops of organic lime essential oil to 1 litre of drinking water and sip away to stay happy all day.
Because citrus oils come from the rind of the fruit, where pesticides and sprays accumulate most often, you should only use organic essential oils. Also, citrus oils are phototoxic, so avoid using on skin that will be exposed to bright sunlight immediately afterwards.
- Lemon, citrus limonum. Antioxidant, antibacterial and antiseptic.
- Bergamot, citrus aurantium var. bergamia. Antiseptic, deodorant and calming.
- Grapefruit, citrus paradisi. Detoxifying, cellulite and a tonic.
- Lime, citrus aurantifolia. Antiviral, antiseptic, restorative and a tonic. Great energy booster.
- Orange, citrus aurantium. Warm and cheerful, its natural cleansing properties bring balance, harmony and a clear mind.