Lorraine Downes is making a return to the catwalk!
And this time, it's all in support for some very special people who were there for her during her most difficult days.
Lorraine is so grateful to Mercy Hospice for everything they did for both her and cricketing legend Martin Crowe in the last two years of his life that she's become an ambassador for Mercy Hospice, and is showing her support by taking part in a fashion show to raise awareness and money for them.
"It's the least I can do," says the former model and Miss Universe.
"What a lot of people don't realise is that they rely on donations and fundraising to be able to provide the incredible service they offer."
On September 2, Mercy Hospice is staging its own fashion show as part of New Zealand Fashion Week. Models – including Lorraine, other well-known Kiwis and hospice staff – will wear clothes from Mercy's charity shops. Lorraine will be showing off a stunning white dress donated to Mercy by Kiwi designer Rochelle Goodrick, and she's looking forward to being back on the catwalk.
"It couldn't be more appropriate because doing fashion shows was always my favourite part of modelling," explains Lorraine.
"But to be honest, I'll do whatever I can for them. Mercy Hospice gave me and Marty so much love, compassion and respect, along with wonderful medical care, and I can't thank them enough."
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveToday 4:00pm
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveToday 2:28pm
- RoyalsHappy Birthday Prince Andrew: 7 things you may not know about the Duke of York
Now To LoveToday 9:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe all-women Bali retreat that saved my soul after my fiancé left me
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 1:00pm
- BodyWhy Olivia Newton-John isn't letting battling cancer for the third time get her down
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 11:00am
- WeddingsArt Green and Matilda Rice marry in a stunning Waiheke wedding - and announce they're expecting a baby!
Now To LoveYesterday 10:10am
- Married at First SightMAFS baby on board? Reports suggest this bride is already pregnant
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- Celebrity NewsMiley Cyrus has shared brand new photos from her wedding to Liam Hemsworth
Now To LoveFeb 15, 2019
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie's special message to husband Jack Brooksbank
Now To LoveFeb 15, 2019
- CareerKiwi women who've made it their mission to make life better for others
The Australian Women's WeeklyFeb 15, 2019
- BodyThis 9 year old has a new heart thanks to one family's incredible gift of life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyFeb 15, 2019