The 'winter blues' has no single source. Experts suggest that it could be caused by a number of different factors: lack of sunshine, sedentary lifestyle, changes in our circadian rhythm or poor eating plans.
Whatever the cause, experts agree that we may be able to help beat the winter blues by eating healthily.
An eating plan based on fresh vegetables, fruit, wholegrains, protein, and small amounts of sugar and fats may help to boost your sense of wellbeing in the colder months – and all year round!The health of the digestive tract is an important factor in our overall wellbeing. A simple way you can help to support digestive balance this winter is by eating foods that contain nutrients to support gut health, such as calcium and dietary fibre. Calcium supports digestive enzyme function while fibre will help keep you regular.
A very simple step you can take to help support your digestive balance is eating Symbio™ Probalance™ yoghurt. Symbio contains billions of DR10™ natural probiotics, plus calcium and fibre, to maintain digestive health when consumed as part of a balanced eating plan. Symbio yoghurt is delicious with cereal, over fresh fruit or simply as a tasty snack on its own.
By taking simple steps to look after our wellbeing this winter, we might just be able to help beat the blues before they start!
- Celebrity NewsMiley Cyrus has shared brand new photos from her wedding to Liam Hemsworth
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie's special message to husband Jack Brooksbank
Now To LoveYesterday 12:00pm
- CareerKiwi women who've made it their mission to make life better for others
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 11:35am
- BodyThis 9 year old has a new heart thanks to one family's incredible gift of life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 11:00am
- RoyalsPrince Harry spent Valentine's Day next to a shrine dedicated to himself and Duchess Meghan
Now To LoveYesterday 10:30am
- Married at First SightMAFS' Matthew Bennett insists losing his virginity to Lauren hasn't changed him
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine looks gorgeous in Gucci as she attends the 100 Women in Finance Gala
Now To LoveFeb 14, 2019
- RelationshipsArt Green and Matilda Rice's family plans: they are so clucky!
Woman's DayFeb 14, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to Ports of Auckland Round the Bays plus a Samsung S9
Now To LoveFeb 14, 2019
- Celebrity NewsCold Feet's Hermione Norris lists all the reasons why she'd love to live in New Zealand
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyFeb 14, 2019
- WeddingsShortland St star Beluah Koale marries his soulmate in a day of 'pure joy'
Woman's DayFeb 13, 2019