Freezing a pottle of yoghurt will also do the trick.
- Add grated cheese to salad sandwiches for extra calcium, especially if your child doesn’t drink milk.
- Choose wholegrain rolls instead of white. If your children are bored of sandwiches, give them pita bread instead.
- Cut vegetables, such as carrots, capsicum, celery and cucumber, into thin strips and include a small tub of hummus or some salsa as a dip for them.
- Include a hard-boiled egg – small kids love it when you draw a face on the shell.
- Cold cuts of meat can be high in sodium and other preservatives, so try to use leftovers from the night before’s dinner instead.