Influencer and wellness blogger Makaia Carr made headlines in 2017 when she published 'before' and 'after' shots of herself in which she was 20kg heavier in her 'after' shot. She said she'd never been happier.
Makaia had developed her fitness business, Motivate Me, which she has since sold, around encouraging others to stick with their fitness regimes, but a turning point came for her, she told Good Health Choices, when she watched a documentary, Embrace, about body loathing.
"It made me feel guilty about what mesages I'd previously been sending on social media."
Now her focus is self-love and using her voice to share positive body image messages.
In this video we see a relaxed and happy Makaia revealing some very interesting answers to our quickfire questions.
We'd love to know what she chose to NOT tell us about what she'd be arrested for. Her story about her first tattoo is hilarious.
Makaia also reveals where she sees herself in 10 years' time, what her pet peeve is, the fashion trend she most regrets and what she wanted to be when she grew up.
- RoyalsSarah, Duchess of York, is recognised with an award for her charity work
Now To LoveToday 12:10pm
- RoyalsHow much do the royal family spend on travel a year?
Now To LoveToday 11:00am
- RoyalsThe Queen just passed on this very special patronage to Duchess Catherine
Now To LoveToday 8:30am
- TVThe Block NZ Firehouse contestants Sophia and Mikaere: 'We'll come out stronger than ever'
Woman's DayToday 8:05am
- TVWhy 2019's Dancing with the Stars cast was so close - and who's missing who now that it's over
Now To LoveYesterday 3:42pm
- BodyA cup of coffee a day could be the secret to burning fat
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine and Prince William are reportedly planning a royal tour of Asia this year
Now To LoveYesterday 10:30am
- CareerThe Chicks Suzanne Lynch on nearing 70 and life being more exciting than ever
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 10:00am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight's Martha Kalifatidis opens up about being bullied
Now To LoveYesterday 9:55am
- FamilyMental health advocate Mike King opens up about his daughter Alex following in his footsteps
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:41am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has upgraded her engagement ring from Prince Harry
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- FamilyThe woman who supported Arthur Taylor through four decades in prison
Woman's DayYesterday 8:30am
- TVThe Block NZ Firehouse contestants Stacy and Adam's biggest challenge
Woman's DayJun 24, 2019
- RoyalsSarah Ferguson brings to light one of the royal family's saddest tales from the past
Now To LoveJun 24, 2019