This year, four new DIY teams are stepping up to the plate to take on the challenge of The Block NZ, under the watchful eye of hosts Mark Richardson and Shelley Ferguson.
This season the teams need to step up their game like never before as they renovate the biggest houses in The Block NZ history on Auckland’s North Shore.
Teams will have just 12 weeks to complete their three-storey family homes, each with three bedrooms, three bathrooms and a double garage.
“The houses are essentially blank canvases, so there are no ornate details or period features to rely on for visual wow factor,” says Challenge Host Shelley Ferguson of this year's show.
“The teams will have to nail good design, clever use of space and luxe styling. And for those that watch for the entertainment factor, I think we have some of the best banter ever!”
Meet the teams competing on this season of The Block NZ below.
PHD student Yanita McLeay and her bestie Stace Cottrill, 39, both from Palmerston North, are backing Team Orange to win.
“Both Stace and I bring a complimentary set of skills to The Block which we are fast discovering is a fantastic combination,” says 29-year-old Yanita.
Auckland twin sisters Ali and Julia Heaney make up The Block's second all-female squad. While they lack DIY experience, Blue Team’s 28-year-old barrister Julia says, “We just want to give it our best and try to keep up with the boys in the physical challenges.”
As the youngest competitors on The Block, Christchurch brothers Levi, 22, and Zach Inglis, 24 – aka Ling and Zing – from Christchurch feel they have a lot to prove. But Team Purple believe Ling’s electrician smarts and Zing’s experience as a ceiling installer will give them a leg up on their competition.
Fire-fighter and furniture maker Andy Murdie, 38, and his brother-in-law, apprentice builder Nate Ross make up Team Yellow. Both doting fathers, the Hamilton lads agree while the renovations and time constraints will be tough nothing will be harder than being away from family. “It will be the longest I’ve been away,” says Nate, 33.
The Block NZ will premiere Sunday, June 25 at 7pm on Three.
- Celebrity NewsMiley Cyrus has shared brand new photos from her wedding to Liam Hemsworth
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie's special message to husband Jack Brooksbank
Now To LoveYesterday 12:00pm
- CareerKiwi women who've made it their mission to make life better for others
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 11:35am
- BodyThis 9 year old has a new heart thanks to one family's incredible gift of life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 11:00am
- RoyalsPrince Harry spent Valentine's Day next to a shrine dedicated to himself and Duchess Meghan
Now To LoveYesterday 10:30am
- Married at First SightMAFS' Matthew Bennett insists losing his virginity to Lauren hasn't changed him
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine looks gorgeous in Gucci as she attends the 100 Women in Finance Gala
Now To LoveFeb 14, 2019
- RelationshipsArt Green and Matilda Rice's family plans: they are so clucky!
Woman's DayFeb 14, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to Ports of Auckland Round the Bays plus a Samsung S9
Now To LoveFeb 14, 2019
- Celebrity NewsCold Feet's Hermione Norris lists all the reasons why she'd love to live in New Zealand
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyFeb 14, 2019
- WeddingsShortland St star Beluah Koale marries his soulmate in a day of 'pure joy'
Woman's DayFeb 13, 2019