When it comes to getting Married at First Sight, the stakes are pretty high. You're committing to a total stranger. Cameras are following your every move for weeks on end. You're placed in high pressure situations that have the ability to make or break you. You're putting yourself - warts and all - out there for the country to see.
People have all sorts of reasons for going on reality shows. Samuel Levi says he was genuinely on the show to find love. And when he was matched with Tayler Morgan, we had high hopes.
They've had their ups and downs as a couple. Sam called time on their relationship earlier this week, but we were heartened to see them get back together last night when everyone else was renewing (or not renewing) their vows. They were able to see, away from the pressure of the experiment and the cameras, that they had something worth fighting for.
And that's the thing about putting yourself out there on a reality dating show. If you find love, great, but what's the harm in using the opportunity to push your brand a little, right?
When you're a social media influencer, your profile is power. And if you can raise your profile at the same time you're looking for love, then why not? Two birds with one stone and all.
Check out the video above for all the times Sam mentioned his social media following. Hint - there are more than a few!
- WeddingsBride quits job to plan her dream wedding and demands her fiancé get a second job
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- BodyKaty Perry and Orlando Bloom's new age secret to staying young
Now To LoveToday 12:30pm
- RoyalsWhy we’re unlikely to see much of Duchess Catherine and Prince William over the coming month
Now To LoveYesterday 12:30pm
- WeddingsA wedding photographer has sparked heated debate after urging wedding guests to put away their phones
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- Real LifeYoung dad's incredible feat to save his family from certain death
Woman's DayYesterday 9:30am
- CareerThe tough Kiwi women who are running organisations that were traditionally 'boys' clubs'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:17am
- FamilyShortland Street's Laurel Devenie introduces her gorgeous new arrival to the world
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- Relationships9 common dating mistakes - and how you can avoid making them
Now To LoveJul 15, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ's Sophia and Mikaere disqualified after cheating scandal
Now To LoveJul 15, 2019
- FamilyRobbie Magasiva opens up about the devastating loss of his beloved brother Pua
Woman's DayJul 15, 2019