The first three contestants for TVNZ 2's Celebrity Treasure Island have been announced and among them is Breakfast's Matty McLean.
Matty will head to Fiji this weekend to begin filming with The Bachelor's Lily McManus, Waikato rugby player Zac Guildford and 11 other Kiwi celebrities, who will be announced later this week.
Free-spirited Lily McManus, with her penchant for adventure, is likely to adapt just fine and Zac Guildford has made it clear he's keen for the challenge.
It's Matty we're worried about.
Last year he endearingly broke down in tears on live TV talking about The Lion King on Breakfast. The part when Mufasa died was too much for him to bear, even just to talk about.
And even the Survivor super-fan, who once told NEXT magazine that if he was ever stranded on a tropical island he'd take good music, good friends and gin, has his doubts.
"I'm crazy, you've all seen me compete in challenges on the show," Matty lamented on this morning's Breakfast show.
"If netball is a part of Celebrity Treasure Island... you're in the crap," his co-host John Campbell ribbed him.
But co-host Hayley Holt, who won the series in 2007 and "loved every second of it" has high hopes.
"Hopefully we're going to keep this winning trophy in the family," she said. "No pressure."
Matty will be competing to raise funds for Rainbow Youth. Lily is competing for the National Foundation for the Deaf and Zac, for UpsideDowns.
The rebooted series will premiere on TVNZ 2 this winter.
- SkincareGemma McCaw's 4 natural beauty treatments you can make at home yourself
Now To LoveToday 7:45am
- CompetitionsWin a Fitbit Versa Lite prizepack for Diabetes Action Month
Now To LoveToday 7:00am
- Body4 reasons why a visit to this hidden oasis will have you feeling summer-ready
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- RoyalsSarah Ferguson zooms around an airport on a motorised suitcase in a hilarious new video
Now To LoveToday 12:15pm
- RoyalsIs Duchess Catherine getting her own television show?
Now To LoveToday 10:05am
- CareerKeeping Up With The Kaimanawas horse whisperer Kelly Wilson on the stallion that changed her life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:36am
- Career'You just have to be yourself': Ingrid Hipkiss on taking over from Samantha Hayes on the 6pm news
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:25am
- WeddingsZac Franich and Erin Simpson's magical wedding day
Woman's DayToday 9:15am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan steps out in $50,000 ruby earrings by Kiwi designer Jessica McCormack
Now To LoveYesterday 12:00pm
- FamilyAt home with Matilda and Art Green: 'Baby Milo is our dream come true'
Woman's DayYesterday 10:55am
- RoyalsPlastic surgery clinic slammed for misusing Kate Middleton's face to promote face lift
Now To LoveYesterday 10:45am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine wore this special brooch on Remembrance Sunday for a very touching reason
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- CompetitionsWin a set of pearls thanks to Michael Hill Jewellers
Woman's DayYesterday 7:00am
- RelationshipsWestside actress Jessica Grace Smith's romantic beachside proposal
Woman's DayNov 10, 2019
- MindWhy saying 'yes' to stress can actually benefit us
Good Health ChoicesNov 09, 2019