The first three contestants for TVNZ 2's Celebrity Treasure Island have been announced and among them is Breakfast's Matty McLean.
Matty will head to Fiji this weekend to begin filming with The Bachelor's Lily McManus, Waikato rugby player Zac Guildford and 11 other Kiwi celebrities, who will be announced later this week.
Free-spirited Lily McManus, with her penchant for adventure, is likely to adapt just fine and Zac Guildford has made it clear he's keen for the challenge.
It's Matty we're worried about.
Last year he endearingly broke down in tears on live TV talking about The Lion King on Breakfast. The part when Mufasa died was too much for him to bear, even just to talk about.
And even the Survivor super-fan, who once told NEXT magazine that if he was ever stranded on a tropical island he'd take good music, good friends and gin, has his doubts.
"I'm crazy, you've all seen me compete in challenges on the show," Matty lamented on this morning's Breakfast show.
"If netball is a part of Celebrity Treasure Island... you're in the crap," his co-host John Campbell ribbed him.
But co-host Hayley Holt, who won the series in 2007 and "loved every second of it" has high hopes.
"Hopefully we're going to keep this winning trophy in the family," she said. "No pressure."
Matty will be competing to raise funds for Rainbow Youth. Lily is competing for the National Foundation for the Deaf and Zac, for UpsideDowns.
The rebooted series will premiere on TVNZ 2 this winter.
- CareerWhy Jennifer Aniston is looking to the future with a new focus
Now To LoveToday 9:00am
- RoyalsPrince Harry shares more details about his upcoming mental health TV series with Oprah
Now To LoveToday 4:15pm
- CareerMy life is stranger than fiction says NZ Children's Book Awards winner Bren MacDibble
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 1:49pm
- TVThe Block NZ winners Lisa and Ribz reveal their post-show plans
Woman's DayToday 7:25am
- CareerCheers everybody! Sarah Jessica Parker's new Kiwi-made wine is about to hit our shelves!
Now To LoveYesterday 2:14pm
- MindWhy Shortland Street's Ana Scotney was forced to quit social media
Woman's DayYesterday 10:45am
- CareerTech-savvy granny: Meet Val, a social media queen at 90
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 8:00am
- WeddingsThe heartbreaking reason why Kiwi Ferns' Honey Hireme's wedding had to be brought forward
Woman's DayYesterday 7:35am
- CompetitionsWin one of five prize packs from Arnott’s worth $100
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 7:20am
- RoyalsInside a play date with Prince George and Princess Charlotte at Kensington Palace
Now To LoveSep 17, 2019