He's at it again! Even though Meghan Markle's father Thomas Markle vowed that his interview with the Mail on Sunday last week would be his last, he is continuing to trash talk his own daughter in the press. Now, in his latest interview with The Sun, Thomas is accusing Meghan's husband Prince Harry and the rest of the royal family of being like a "cult."
"They are either like Scientologists or the Stepford family," Thomas told The Sun. "If they hear anybody say anything they just lock the doors. They need to speak up! They are cult-like — like Scientology — because they are secretive."
Thomas has been speaking out in the press in recent weeks because he claims that he has been cut off from having any sort of communication with his daughter ever since she married Prince Harry in a lavish royal wedding ceremony back in May. Even after his interviews where he tried to urge Meghan to contact him, he is still met with a wall of silence.
"They close the door, pull the shades down and put their fingers in their ears so they don't have to hear," Thomas said about the royal family. "Maybe they have a secret handshake too! You cannot ask a question of them — as they won't answer."
Many royal fans have criticised Thomas and they think that the only reason why he is stirring up so much drama is because he is hoping to be paid or compensated somehow by Meghan and the royal family — but Thomas vehemently denied those rumours.
"I worked hard to provide for my children. I'm their father, I don't expect them to pay me back," Thomas said.
But even though all of this drama with her dad has taken its toll on Meghan, sources have revealed to Closer that Prince Harry is doing everything he can to be there for his wife.
"He has been comforting her," a royal insider told the publication. "He tells his wife not to worry and that her family's actions are no reflection on her."
This article originally appeared on Life & Style.
- WeddingsBride quits job to plan her dream wedding and demands her fiancé get a second job
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- BodyKaty Perry and Orlando Bloom's new age secret to staying young
Now To LoveToday 12:30pm
- RoyalsWhy we’re unlikely to see much of Duchess Catherine and Prince William over the coming month
Now To LoveYesterday 12:30pm
- WeddingsA wedding photographer has sparked heated debate after urging wedding guests to put away their phones
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- Real LifeYoung dad's incredible feat to save his family from certain death
Woman's DayYesterday 9:30am
- CareerThe tough Kiwi women who are running organisations that were traditionally 'boys' clubs'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:17am
- FamilyShortland Street's Laurel Devenie introduces her gorgeous new arrival to the world
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- Relationships9 common dating mistakes - and how you can avoid making them
Now To LoveJul 15, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ's Sophia and Mikaere disqualified after cheating scandal
Now To LoveJul 15, 2019
- FamilyRobbie Magasiva opens up about the devastating loss of his beloved brother Pua
Woman's DayJul 15, 2019