She's upgrading! Queen Elizabeth no longer needs one of her Rolls-Royce cars, but instead of handing it down to her grandkids Prince Harry or Prince William, she is auctioning it off for millions of pounds.
The vintage car will be sold on Sept. 8, by auctioneers Bonhams. It is marketed with a price guide of between £1,000,000 to £1,500,000 - but is expected to reach over £2,000,000 - that's NZD $3,850,000.
The high price tag is reflected in the fact that the car is extremely rare - only 18 were ever made.
The car's new owner will be able to marvel at the vehicle which safely transported the Queen and her husband, Prince Philip, to many of royal outings over the years. It was always easy to spot the Queen in the car due to its large windows and spacious interior.
Not only is the auction house getting ready to sell Queen Elizabeth's historic vehicle but they will also give away another car which was frequently used by the royal family. Harry and William's late mother, Princess Diana, used to drive a 1985 Rolls-Royce 'Centenary' Silver Spur Saloon which will be sold with a price guide between £80,000 - £100,000 - that's between NZD $150,000 and $190,000.
In a statement released by the auction house, Malcolm Barber, the co-chairman of Bonhams expressed how excited he is for the upcoming auction. "This is a remarkable collection of cars, and one that beautifully illustrates the history of one of the most celebrated and prestigious companies in the world," he said. "Rolls-Royce motor cars have been present at countless historic events in recent British history, and the Heritage Fleet encapsulates the most significant models produced by the marque."
Queen Elizabeth and Princess Diana's Rolls-Royce cars will not be the first royal family vehicles sold at auction. On July 22, a Range Rover used by Princes Charles and his late wife, Diana, was reportedly auctioned off for about for more than NZD $190,000. Looks like the royal family is letting go of the past!
This story originally appeared on our sister site, Closer Weekly.
- Family8 foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveToday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveToday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveToday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveToday 11:31am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveToday 9:15am
- CareerThe Kiwi couple who are making comfy prosthetic breasts
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- At homeWhy a magazine subscription is the perfect gift for you or someone you love
Now To LoveToday 9:00am
- CareerAnnabelle White's recipe to living a happy, contented life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:42am
- FamilyFamily meal inspiration: Jo Seagar's 'loaves and fishes' approach to family meals
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 12:00pm
- MindWhy travel memories play an important part in helping to develop our personality
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 10:00am
- TVDancing With The Stars' Manu Vatuvei's biggest fear when it comes to the dance floor
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- Celebrity NewsDoting dad Ronan Keating enjoys a family day out at Auckland's waterfront
Woman's DayApr 21, 2019
- BodyMatilda Green talks motherhood, mental wellbeing and her plans for the future
Good Health ChoicesApr 21, 2019
- FitnessThese dance workouts will be so fun that you won't even feel like you're exercising
Good Health ChoicesApr 20, 2019
- RoyalsHappy birthday Her Majesty! Celebrating 93 years with Queen Elizabeth II
Now To LoveApr 20, 2019