Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank have delighted fans worldwide with the news they have welcomed their first child together, a baby boy born on Tuesday.
Taking to Instagram, Eugenie shared an adorable first glimpse of the infant's hand, along with several heart emojis, and already fans are speculating what the youngster will be called.
While the royal couple are yet to hint at their top choices of baby names, bookies are already placing bets on the likely favourites based on the family's tree.
According to Ladsbroke, the top favourite potential baby name is Arthur, which is the infant's maternal grandfather, coming in at 5/1.
This is followed by James at 6/1 odds and Frederick, Edward and Albert at 8/1, while Albert, Hugo and Alfred are trending with 10/1 odds.
Given the negative publicity surrounding Eugenie's father, Prince Andrew, it's expected the princess will steer clear of Andrew, which is currently an outsider at 25/1
"Her Royal Highness Princess Eugenie was safely delivered of a son today, 9th February 2021, at 0855hrs at The Portland Hospital. Jack Brooksbank was present." The statement read.
"The baby weighs 8lbs 1oz.
"The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh, The Duke of York, Sarah, Duchess of York, and Mr and Mrs George Brooksbank have been informed and are delighted with the news.
"This is Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank's first child, The Duke of York and Sarah, Duchess of York's first grandchild, and the ninth great-grandchild for The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. Her Royal Highness and her child are both doing well."
This story originally appeared on New Idea.
- TVHow winning The Block has changed Tim and Arty's lives forever
Woman's DayNov 25, 2021
- At homeBring summer into your home with this colour pallette
Now To LoveNov 25, 2021
- RoyalsAre Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank planning baby number two already?
Woman's DayNov 23, 2021
- RoyalsThe Queen’s special appearance for two of her great-grandsons after weeks of health concerns
The Australian Women's WeeklyNov 23, 2021
- Royals"She's alright!": The Queen makes her first in-person appearance since October hospital scare
The Australian Women's WeeklyNov 18, 2021
- Celebrity NewsKim Crossman's hidden heartache and why being a mum will have to wait
Woman's DayNov 18, 2021
- Food & DrinksEnjoy the taste of Provence with these refreshing rosé wines
The Australian Women's WeeklyNov 17, 2021
- Real LifeKiwi mum Rachel reveals how her premature son changed her life
Woman's DayNov 17, 2021