Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank have delighted fans worldwide with the news they have welcomed their first child together, a baby boy born on Tuesday.
Taking to Instagram, Eugenie shared an adorable first glimpse of the infant's hand, along with several heart emojis, and already fans are speculating what the youngster will be called.
While the royal couple are yet to hint at their top choices of baby names, bookies are already placing bets on the likely favourites based on the family's tree.
According to Ladsbroke, the top favourite potential baby name is Arthur, which is the infant's maternal grandfather, coming in at 5/1.
This is followed by James at 6/1 odds and Frederick, Edward and Albert at 8/1, while Albert, Hugo and Alfred are trending with 10/1 odds.
Given the negative publicity surrounding Eugenie's father, Prince Andrew, it's expected the princess will steer clear of Andrew, which is currently an outsider at 25/1
"Her Royal Highness Princess Eugenie was safely delivered of a son today, 9th February 2021, at 0855hrs at The Portland Hospital. Jack Brooksbank was present." The statement read.
"The baby weighs 8lbs 1oz.
"The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh, The Duke of York, Sarah, Duchess of York, and Mr and Mrs George Brooksbank have been informed and are delighted with the news.
"This is Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank's first child, The Duke of York and Sarah, Duchess of York's first grandchild, and the ninth great-grandchild for The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. Her Royal Highness and her child are both doing well."
This story originally appeared on New Idea.
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank have revealed the name of their son
Now To LoveFeb 21, 2021
- RoyalsPrince Harry and Duchess Meghan are having another baby!
Now To LoveFeb 15, 2021
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie & husband Jack Brooksbank have welcomed their first child
Now To LoveFeb 10, 2021
- TVThe Bachelorette NZ's Paul Patterson: 'I'm cooking up romance'
Woman's DayFeb 03, 2021
- MindBeating the bottle: My party girl life was killing me
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJan 25, 2021
- TVOur broody Bachelorette: 'David Attenborough is my dream man'
Woman's DayJan 20, 2021
- Celebrity NewsJay-Jay Feeney and Paul Flynn: our perfect friendship
Woman's DayJan 08, 2021
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to our exclusive screening of Penguin Bloom
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 27, 2020