Prince William surprised workers on a TV renovation show helping in the aftermath of the Grenfell Tower fire tragedy which claimed the lives of 72 London residents.
Donning a hard hat and high-vis vest, the kindhearted Prince got to work with a paint roller on the site where the team were building a new community centre and home for the Dale Youth Boxing Club.
During the program, the father-of-three explained why he and other members of the royal family have been helping to support the community where they can.
"It's been one of the worst disasters in modern time in this country. Everyone's been shocked by how brutal, how horrendous it all was. Everyone's playing catch-up, trying to work out how do you deal with a truly horrendous situation," he told host Nick Knowles on DIYSOS.
"But for the community, they're reliving it all the time so we need... progress needs to happen. The community coming together is the first, important part of fixing that. There's still lots to do."
This was William's second appearance on the BBC show DIYSOS. He and his brother Harry stepped on screen to help renovate homes in Manchester for armed forces veterans. During that appearance, Prince William also tried his hand at painting.
"I thought after Manchester you wouldn't ask me back," he joked during the recent episode.
The show's host reminded William that after his last appearance on the show, fans wanted to know if he did indeed finishing painting the entire wall.
"And you did, you insisted if you remember," said Knowles.
William confirmed: "We got to the end, all the way to the bottom."
Tragically, 72 people died when the tower caught on fire on June 14, 2017.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and the Duke and Duchess of Sussex have all done work in public and behind-the-scenes to support the community in the wake of the disaster.
- FamilyThe Kiwi mum who couldn't find a decent parenting book so wrote one herself
Now To LoveToday 8:30pm
- BodyThe simple way to treat ageing skin concerns at home
Now To LoveToday 4:40pm
- TVCarolyn Taylor's epiphany since her return to TV on Dancing With The Stars
Woman's DayToday 2:00pm
- BodyThese common myths about sleep could be compromising your health
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- BodyEverything you need to know about measles and how to beat the disease
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- FitnessHow our body clocks influence how effectively we exercise
Now To LoveToday 6:00am
- FamilyEight foodie road trip adventures that your family will love
Now To LoveYesterday 5:00pm
- Diet & NutritionIs margarine actually bad for you? Four myths busted
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- At homeHow the right retirement village enabled mum to be mum again
Now To LoveYesterday 2:25pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry's stunning wildlife photography is revealed in celebration of Earth Day
Now To LoveYesterday 11:31am
- RoyalsNew house, new baby, new continent? Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan look set to be moving to Africa
Now To LoveYesterday 9:25am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight NZ's Dan and Yuki: 'We're more in love than ever'
Woman's DayYesterday 9:20am
- RoyalsHow the Royal Family spent the day on the Queen’s 93rd birthday
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- CareerThe Kiwi couple who are making comfy prosthetic breasts
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- At homeWhy a magazine subscription is the perfect gift for you or someone you love
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am