As the 20th anniversary of Princess Diana's death draws closer, Princes William and Harry are banding together to celebrate their mother's incredible legacy.
Over the weekend, a teaser for an upcoming documentary called Diana, Our Mother: Her Life and Legacy showed Prince William and Prince Harry opening up about what the Princess of Wales was like as a parent.
Flicking through an album of never-before-seen family photos Diana made for the boys right before her death, Harry explained: “This is the first time that the two of us have ever spoken about her as a mother."
Adding that despite her royal title, she was a hands-on and cheeky mum.
“She was one of the naughtiest parents. She was our mum. She still is our mum. And of course, as a son I would say this, she was the best mum in the world. She smothered us with love, that’s for sure," Harry reflected.
While William described his mother as "very informal and really enjoyed the laughter and the fun."
"But she understood that there was a real life outside of Palace walls," the father-of-two mused.
The brothers then stumble upon a photo of Diana holding a young Prince William, with a tiny baby bump on show.
“Believe it or not, you and I are both in this photograph, you’re in the tummy," William tells his little brother.
The full documentary will air on ITV in the UK later this month, and on Three here in New Zealand.
"This new ITV film will offer viewers a fresh and revealing insight into Princess Diana through the personal and intimate reflections of her two sons and of her friends and family, many of whom have never spoken before, to bring together a definitive portrait of a unique person who touched the lives of millions," Jo Clinton-Davis, Controller of Factual programming for ITV explained.
- RoyalsInside a play date with Prince George and Princess Charlotte at Kensington Palace
Now To LoveYesterday 3:40pm
- PetsThe online pet product delivery service that just made your life easier
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsIs this a clue that Duchess Meghan is relaunching her lifestyle blog The Tig?
Now To LoveYesterday 11:15am
- CareerFrom Shortland Street to water births: Katherine McRae's new focus
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:09am
- RoyalsNew book details the lives of the photographers who captured the royals behind closed doors
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- FamilyNadene Lomu's tearful confession: Pushed to breaking point after Jonah's death
Woman's DayYesterday 7:45am
- EntertainmentWoman's Day Bonds X-Temp hottest media hunk has been crowned
Woman's DaySep 16, 2019
- TVThe top five moments from Celebrity Treasure Island this week
Now To LoveSep 15, 2019
- CareerHelen Mirren on why being old is 'cool' and marriage is great
The Australian Women's WeeklySep 15, 2019