Kensington Palace have released official photos to mark Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's engagement - and they're stunning.
Looking like they would be at home of the pages of Vogue magazine, the Prince and his bride-to-be look typically happy and relaxed in each other's company. The photos were taken earlier this week at Frogmore House, Windsor by fashion photographer Alexi Lubomirski.
The photos are a noticeable departure from some of the stilted royal portraits of the past. And in typical Harry and Meghan style, they released a bonus, more candid image to thank the public for their support.
Story continues below.
Of the image, Kensington palace said "Thank you so much for all of the wonderful comments following the release of Prince Harry and Ms. Meghan Markle's engagement photographs."
"The couple are so grateful for the warm and generous messages they have received during such a happy time in their lives."
"As a way to say thank you, they have decided to share this candid photograph from the day of their portrait sittings directly with all of you."
Meghan wears a couture ball gown by British label Ralph & Russo. Risque for royal standards, the gown has a sheer top covered in gold leaf embroidery. It has an estimated price tag of £56,000.
Her custom made engagement ring is pominently on display.
Photographer Alex Lubomirski paid tribute to the couple.
"A huge thank you to His Royal Highness Prince Harry and Ms Markle, for allowing me to take their official engagement portraits. Not only was it an incredible honour, but also an immense privilege to be invited to share and be a witness to this young couple's love for each other. I cannot help but smile when I look at the photos that we took."
The pair will marry at St. George's Chapel at Windsor Castle in May 2018,
- TVHow winning The Block has changed Tim and Arty's lives forever
Woman's DayNov 25, 2021
- At homeBring summer into your home with this colour pallette
Now To LoveNov 25, 2021
- RoyalsAre Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank planning baby number two already?
Woman's DayNov 23, 2021
- RoyalsThe Queen’s special appearance for two of her great-grandsons after weeks of health concerns
The Australian Women's WeeklyNov 23, 2021
- Royals"She's alright!": The Queen makes her first in-person appearance since October hospital scare
The Australian Women's WeeklyNov 18, 2021
- Celebrity NewsKim Crossman's hidden heartache and why being a mum will have to wait
Woman's DayNov 18, 2021
- Food & DrinksEnjoy the taste of Provence with these refreshing rosé wines
The Australian Women's WeeklyNov 17, 2021
- Real LifeKiwi mum Rachel reveals how her premature son changed her life
Woman's DayNov 17, 2021