Kensington Palace have released official photos to mark Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's engagement - and they're stunning.
Looking like they would be at home of the pages of Vogue magazine, the Prince and his bride-to-be look typically happy and relaxed in each other's company. The photos were taken earlier this week at Frogmore House, Windsor by fashion photographer Alexi Lubomirski.
The photos are a noticeable departure from some of the stilted royal portraits of the past. And in typical Harry and Meghan style, they released a bonus, more candid image to thank the public for their support.
Story continues below.
Of the image, Kensington palace said "Thank you so much for all of the wonderful comments following the release of Prince Harry and Ms. Meghan Markle's engagement photographs."
"The couple are so grateful for the warm and generous messages they have received during such a happy time in their lives."
"As a way to say thank you, they have decided to share this candid photograph from the day of their portrait sittings directly with all of you."
Meghan wears a couture ball gown by British label Ralph & Russo. Risque for royal standards, the gown has a sheer top covered in gold leaf embroidery. It has an estimated price tag of £56,000.
Her custom made engagement ring is pominently on display.
Photographer Alex Lubomirski paid tribute to the couple.
"A huge thank you to His Royal Highness Prince Harry and Ms Markle, for allowing me to take their official engagement portraits. Not only was it an incredible honour, but also an immense privilege to be invited to share and be a witness to this young couple's love for each other. I cannot help but smile when I look at the photos that we took."
The pair will marry at St. George's Chapel at Windsor Castle in May 2018,
- WeddingsBride quits job to plan her dream wedding and demands her fiancé get a second job
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- BodyKaty Perry and Orlando Bloom's new age secret to staying young
Now To LoveToday 12:30pm
- RoyalsWhy we’re unlikely to see much of Duchess Catherine and Prince William over the coming month
Now To LoveYesterday 12:30pm
- WeddingsA wedding photographer has sparked heated debate after urging wedding guests to put away their phones
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- Real LifeYoung dad's incredible feat to save his family from certain death
Woman's DayYesterday 9:30am
- CareerThe tough Kiwi women who are running organisations that were traditionally 'boys' clubs'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:17am
- FamilyShortland Street's Laurel Devenie introduces her gorgeous new arrival to the world
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- Relationships9 common dating mistakes - and how you can avoid making them
Now To LoveJul 15, 2019
- TVThe Block NZ's Sophia and Mikaere disqualified after cheating scandal
Now To LoveJul 15, 2019
- FamilyRobbie Magasiva opens up about the devastating loss of his beloved brother Pua
Woman's DayJul 15, 2019