Kensington Palace have released official photos to mark Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's engagement - and they're stunning.
Looking like they would be at home of the pages of Vogue magazine, the Prince and his bride-to-be look typically happy and relaxed in each other's company. The photos were taken earlier this week at Frogmore House, Windsor by fashion photographer Alexi Lubomirski.
The photos are a noticeable departure from some of the stilted royal portraits of the past. And in typical Harry and Meghan style, they released a bonus, more candid image to thank the public for their support.
Story continues below.
Of the image, Kensington palace said "Thank you so much for all of the wonderful comments following the release of Prince Harry and Ms. Meghan Markle's engagement photographs."
"The couple are so grateful for the warm and generous messages they have received during such a happy time in their lives."
"As a way to say thank you, they have decided to share this candid photograph from the day of their portrait sittings directly with all of you."
Meghan wears a couture ball gown by British label Ralph & Russo. Risque for royal standards, the gown has a sheer top covered in gold leaf embroidery. It has an estimated price tag of £56,000.
Her custom made engagement ring is pominently on display.
Photographer Alex Lubomirski paid tribute to the couple.
"A huge thank you to His Royal Highness Prince Harry and Ms Markle, for allowing me to take their official engagement portraits. Not only was it an incredible honour, but also an immense privilege to be invited to share and be a witness to this young couple's love for each other. I cannot help but smile when I look at the photos that we took."
The pair will marry at St. George's Chapel at Windsor Castle in May 2018,
- RoyalsInside a play date with Prince George and Princess Charlotte at Kensington Palace
Now To LoveYesterday 3:40pm
- PetsThe online pet product delivery service that just made your life easier
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsIs this a clue that Duchess Meghan is relaunching her lifestyle blog The Tig?
Now To LoveYesterday 11:15am
- CareerFrom Shortland Street to water births: Katherine McRae's new focus
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:09am
- RoyalsNew book details the lives of the photographers who captured the royals behind closed doors
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- FamilyNadene Lomu's tearful confession: Pushed to breaking point after Jonah's death
Woman's DayYesterday 7:45am
- EntertainmentWoman's Day Bonds X-Temp hottest media hunk has been crowned
Woman's DaySep 16, 2019
- TVThe top five moments from Celebrity Treasure Island this week
Now To LoveSep 15, 2019
- CareerHelen Mirren on why being old is 'cool' and marriage is great
The Australian Women's WeeklySep 15, 2019