Kensington Palace have released official photos to mark Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's engagement - and they're stunning.
Looking like they would be at home of the pages of Vogue magazine, the Prince and his bride-to-be look typically happy and relaxed in each other's company. The photos were taken earlier this week at Frogmore House, Windsor by fashion photographer Alexi Lubomirski.
The photos are a noticeable departure from some of the stilted royal portraits of the past. And in typical Harry and Meghan style, they released a bonus, more candid image to thank the public for their support.
Story continues below.
Of the image, Kensington palace said "Thank you so much for all of the wonderful comments following the release of Prince Harry and Ms. Meghan Markle's engagement photographs."
"The couple are so grateful for the warm and generous messages they have received during such a happy time in their lives."
"As a way to say thank you, they have decided to share this candid photograph from the day of their portrait sittings directly with all of you."
Meghan wears a couture ball gown by British label Ralph & Russo. Risque for royal standards, the gown has a sheer top covered in gold leaf embroidery. It has an estimated price tag of £56,000.
Her custom made engagement ring is pominently on display.
Photographer Alex Lubomirski paid tribute to the couple.
"A huge thank you to His Royal Highness Prince Harry and Ms Markle, for allowing me to take their official engagement portraits. Not only was it an incredible honour, but also an immense privilege to be invited to share and be a witness to this young couple's love for each other. I cannot help but smile when I look at the photos that we took."
The pair will marry at St. George's Chapel at Windsor Castle in May 2018,
- Real LifeKiwi Mum's adventure: From America's Cup to Africa's Hero!
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- Food & DrinksIf you love Scandi-style interiors then this latest kitchen trend is for you
Now To LoveJun 22, 2021
- TVThe Apprentice NZ's Kennedy Anderson: 'I was fired from my own company!'
Woman's DayJun 17, 2021
- Celebrity NewsMark Richardson on turning 50 and making his mark on the world
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJun 13, 2021
- TVDrag Race Down Under’s Elektra Shock: From homeless to healed
Woman's DayJun 12, 2021
- Celebrity NewsSuzanne Paul's forever glow and the lessons she's learned
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJun 05, 2021
- Real LifeKiwi mum's transformation: Jules from MAFS changed my life!'
Woman's DayJun 04, 2021
- At homeHow to create a kids room that will last through the ages
Now To LoveJun 03, 2021