They may be royals – third and fourth in line for the throne – and live in a palace, but when it comes to play dates they're just as eager as any other kids their age to have friends come over to play.
And in a new report by The Sun on Sunday, they do just that – granted there are a few extra steps involved.
Six-year-old George began his third year at the private co-ed school Thomas's Battersea at the beginning of the month, with a royal insider revealing, "Kate and William are delighted that George is getting on so well at school and that he's made friends.
"And just like any normal child, he has invited a few of his mates on play dates.
"It's just that most schoolkids don't go somewhere like Kensington Palace to see their friends out of lessons," the source shares.
"It is wonderful for them – and their parents – to go to such a beautiful and historic palace and have the run of the place.
"But it does involve a bit more planning than a normal play date, as everyone visiting the palace has to be security vetted."
In the first week of September Prince George accompanied his younger sister Princess Charlotte, four, on her first day at school, where she was joining George at Thomas's, starting in reception.
Walking hand-in-hand with their parents – Charlotte initially looked shy as she hung on to Duchess Catherine's hand, while George strode alongside Prince William – the family, minus one-year-old Prince Louis, were photographed greeting the Head of the Lower School Helen Haslem before heading into the class.
To mark Charlotte's milestone day starting school Kensington Palace shared an adorable snap of the two siblings on the steps outside Kensington Palace, both flashing grins to the camera with their arms around each other.
"The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are very pleased to share a photo of Prince George and Princess Charlotte at Kensington Palace this morning," the caption begins.
"The image was taken shortly before Their Royal Highnesses left for Thomas's Battersea."
The NZD $34,000-a-year school is close to their Kensington Palace home and along with having an extensive and chock-a-block school curriculum, one of the school's main rules is to "be kind".
On their website they state: "We expect pupils at Thomas's to be kind, to be good friends to those around them, always on the lookout for those in need of a word of encouragement or a listening ear."
According to Hello!, following the announcement earlier this year that Charlotte was also to attend Thomas's the Headmaster Simon O'Malley said they were "delighted" to welcome her.
"We are delighted that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have decided that Princess Charlotte will join her elder brother, Prince George, at Thomas's Battersea.
"We greatly look forward to welcoming her and all of our new pupils to the school in September."
- Celebrity NewsJay-Jay Feeney and Paul Flynn: our perfect friendship
Woman's DayJan 08, 2021
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to our exclusive screening of Penguin Bloom
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 27, 2020
- Celebrity NewsRobert Rakete's Christmas plans: 'It'll be a breeze!'
Woman's DayDec 25, 2020
- Celebrity NewsJase, Toni & Sam get festive with their four-legged friends
Woman's DayDec 21, 2020
- FamilyThe Terrace at Sylvia Park - what's on offer at this new dining destination
Now To LoveDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsShortland Street's Ben Barrington and Ngahuia Piripi's Christmas celebrations
Woman's DayDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsWendy Petrie and Matty McLean's festive cheer: 'Our hearts are so full'
Woman's DayDec 15, 2020
- Celebrity NewsKanoa Lloyd and Mike McRoberts' best Christmas ever
Woman's DayDec 14, 2020
- Celebrity NewsSoon I’ll be a dad to three under three! Sam Wallace shares his hopes and fears
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 11, 2020
- Celebrity NewsCarolyn Keep's little miracle: 'The baby I never thought I'd have'
Woman's DayDec 10, 2020
- RoyalsMeghan Markle reveals she miscarried her second child in a powerful personal essay
Now To LoveNov 26, 2020
- CompetitionsWin a Farro Hamper and a double pass to Happiest Season
Now To LoveNov 25, 2020
- CompetitionsWin the Ultimate Teeth Whitening Prize Pack thanks to Colgate Optic White
Woman's DayNov 23, 2020