Prince George has reportedly revealed a cute nickname for himself to a stranger, during an outing in Berkshire while visiting his grandmother Carole Middleton.
Stopping to pet a passer-by's dog, while playing with his younger sister Princess Charlotte, the five-year-old got chatting with the dog's owner, who said she recognised him straight away, but thought she'd strike up a casual conversation with the prince, who then reportedly told her his name was "Archie".
Speaking to the Sun, the un-named woman says, "I was asked by a police minder not to take a photo of the children, which I didn't, but George started stroking my dog.
"Just to be friendly I engaged in a bit of small talk and asked George what his name was, even though I obviously knew it.
"To my astonishment he said 'I'm called Archie' with a big smile on his face," she continues.
"I don't know why he calls himself Archie but kids often play with their names and I think it's lovely."
While it's uncertain whether this is just a name the young prince has given himself or one that he's called by his family too, it wouldn't be the first nickname for George.
At his school St Thomas' Battersea, George is known as "PG", likely short for Prince George, which has been picked up by his parents the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, who call him "PG Tips" or "Tips" for short – in reference to the famous English tea brand.
Prince George is not the only member of the royal family with a sweet nickname, his great grandfather Prince Philip's nicknames for the Queen are as sweet as they come, which include "Cabbage", "Darling" and "Lilibet".
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have surprisingly normal nicknames for each other however, which were revealed by Meghan's ex-agent Gina Nelthorpe-Cowne in an interview last year.
She says that Meghan lovingly calls her husband "Haz", while Hello! has reported Prince Harry calls Meghan, "Meg".
Princess Diana also had nicknames for her youngest child, "Ginger" and "My Little Spencer," due to his red hair, which came from her side of the family.
- RoyalsSarah, Duchess of York, is recognised with an award for her charity work
Now To LoveToday 12:10pm
- RoyalsHow much do the royal family spend on travel a year? The costs are rather staggering
Now To LoveToday 11:00am
- RoyalsThe Queen just passed on this very special patronage to Duchess Catherine
Now To LoveToday 8:30am
- TVThe Block NZ Firehouse contestants Sophia and Mikaere: 'We'll come out stronger than ever'
Woman's DayToday 8:05am
- TVWhy 2019's Dancing with the Stars cast was so close - and who's missing who now that it's over
Now To LoveYesterday 3:42pm
- BodyA cup of coffee a day could be the secret to burning fat
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine and Prince William are reportedly planning a royal tour of Asia this year
Now To LoveYesterday 10:30am
- CareerThe Chicks Suzanne Lynch on nearing 70 and life being more exciting than ever
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 10:00am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight's Martha Kalifatidis opens up about being bullied
Now To LoveYesterday 9:55am
- FamilyMental health advocate Mike King opens up about his daughter Alex following in his footsteps
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:41am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has upgraded her engagement ring from Prince Harry
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- FamilyThe woman who supported Arthur Taylor through four decades in prison
Woman's DayYesterday 8:30am
- TVThe Block NZ Firehouse contestants Stacy and Adam's biggest challenge
Woman's DayJun 24, 2019
- RoyalsSarah Ferguson brings to light one of the royal family's saddest tales from the past
Now To LoveJun 24, 2019
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan reveals how she made her royal wedding to Prince Harry feel ‘intimate’
Now To LoveJun 24, 2019