Last week Meghan Markle was spotted dining with a mystery character at Chucs Italian restaurant in Notting Hill. The good looking man in question turned out to be Christian Jones, The Duchess' new Press Secretary.
To be precise, his full title is Deputy Communications Secretary to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex and the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. After working for the UK government for seven years (more on that later), Jones' new role will see him looking after the communications duties for both couples and their families. His new role, which was advertised publicly, will see him liaising with both British and International media and supporting the royals' public engagements and charity work.
Jones' prior work for the UK government most recently encompassed Brexit. Jones was the speechwriter for David Davis while he was Secretary of State for Exiting the European Union from October 2016 to September 2017. Jones was then promoted to press secretary for the Department for Exiting the European Union. Subsequently, he is highly qualified when it comes to liaising with the press in a highly pressured situation.
He also worked for Her Majesty's Treasury, and was Chief Press Officer from November 2014 to October 2016. In this role he served under both George Osborne and, for a brief period, the current Chancellor Philip Hammond.
The new hire will likely be a relief for Meghan after three of the couple's senior staff resigned in the past year, including her bodyguard after just six months.
Jones will be working closely with Meghan Markle's other staff members, in particular her personal assistant, Amy Pickerill.
- BodyWhy entering middle-age is actually the perfect time to get your health back on track
Good Health ChoicesToday 2:45pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has opened up about the ‘joy’ of adopting rescue animals
Now To LoveToday 12:30pm
- TVCan Matty McLean surprise us all and last the distance on Celebrity Treasure Island?
Now To LoveToday 12:00pm
- CareerJennifer Ward Lealand on being honoured for her commitment to her two great loves, theatre and te reo
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:27am
- RoyalsWhen and where will Baby Archie’s christening take place? Here are all the details
Now To LoveYesterday 4:45pm
- TVThe moving reason behind Dancing With The Stars winner Manu Vatuvei's vow to keep dancing
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- BodyBiggest Loser's Jillian Michaels’ top 15 health habits are remarkably simple to adopt too
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- TVFormer DWTS dancer Carol-Ann Hanna gives her verdict on the final show and Manu's win
Now To LoveYesterday 12:00pm
- TVDWTS' Laura Daniel spills on her relationship with partner Joseph Moore and their plans to adopt
Woman's DayYesterday 9:21am
- RoyalsPrince Harry shares an adorable new photo of Baby Archie in celebration of Father’s Day
Now To LoveYesterday 8:15am
- Diet & NutritionHow this Auckland woman lost 30kg through hypnosis
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- FertilityConsidering freezing your eggs? Here's everything you need to know
Good Health ChoicesJun 16, 2019
- BodyRotorua parents' heartbreak: only a miracle will save their little boy
Woman's DayJun 16, 2019