Last week Meghan Markle was spotted dining with a mystery character at Chucs Italian restaurant in Notting Hill. The good looking man in question turned out to be Christian Jones, The Duchess' new Press Secretary.
To be precise, his full title is Deputy Communications Secretary to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex and the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. After working for the UK government for seven years (more on that later), Jones' new role will see him looking after the communications duties for both couples and their families. His new role, which was advertised publicly, will see him liaising with both British and International media and supporting the royals' public engagements and charity work.
Jones' prior work for the UK government most recently encompassed Brexit. Jones was the speechwriter for David Davis while he was Secretary of State for Exiting the European Union from October 2016 to September 2017. Jones was then promoted to press secretary for the Department for Exiting the European Union. Subsequently, he is highly qualified when it comes to liaising with the press in a highly pressured situation.
He also worked for Her Majesty's Treasury, and was Chief Press Officer from November 2014 to October 2016. In this role he served under both George Osborne and, for a brief period, the current Chancellor Philip Hammond.
The new hire will likely be a relief for Meghan after three of the couple's senior staff resigned in the past year, including her bodyguard after just six months.
Jones will be working closely with Meghan Markle's other staff members, in particular her personal assistant, Amy Pickerill.
- BodyRadio host Sarah Gandy has been diagnosed with breast cancer
Now To LoveToday 12:13pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has jetted off to New York for her baby shower
Now To LoveToday 11:36am
- FertilityTips for couples who are trying to conceive and not pregnant yet
Now To LoveToday 11:19am
- Pregnancy & BirthGemma McCaw's praise for the midwife who delivered baby Charlotte
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveYesterday 2:28pm
- RoyalsPrince William and Prince Harry are reportedly splitting their royal household after 10 years together
Now To LoveYesterday 12:15pm
- RoyalsHappy Birthday Prince Andrew: 7 things you may not know about the Duke of York
Now To LoveYesterday 9:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe all-women Bali retreat that saved my soul after my fiancé left me
The Australian Women's WeeklyFeb 17, 2019
- BodyWhy Olivia Newton-John isn't letting battling cancer for the third time get her down
Good Health ChoicesFeb 17, 2019
- Married at First SightMAFS baby on board? Reports suggest this bride is already pregnant
Now To LoveFeb 17, 2019