The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have moved to Los Angeles, it has been reported.
According to The Sun's Dan Wootton, Prince Harry and Meghan have left Vancouver Island in Canada where they have been based since late last year and have now settled in Meghan's home city, Los Angeles in the US.
According to a royal source who spoke to The Sun the couple and their 10-month-old son took a private flight out of Canada before the borders between the two countries were shut during to the current pandemic and will be setting up their new home close to Hollywood.
"Harry and Meghan have left Canada now for good," the source reportedly told The Sun.
"The borders were closing and flights were stopping. They had to get out."
The source adds that while the move had been planned for some time "they realised Canada would not work out for various reasons and they want to be based in the Los Angeles area.
"They have a big support network here. It's where their new team of Hollywood agents and PRs and business managers are based."
Of course Meghan's mother Doria also lives in the area as well as many of her friends. The source adds it's believed Harry, 35, and Meghan, 38, would also consider returning to Britain to help their relatives, with the news yesterday that Harry's father Prince Charles has tested positive for Covid-19.
The news of the Sussexes' move to LA comes as it has also been announced that Meghan has provided the voiceover for a new Disney film, set to be released on April 3.
Planned to coincide with Earth Month the film Elephant, which will be released alongside Dolphin Reef another Disneynature film narrated by Natalie Portman, the film will raise money for the charity Elephants Without Borders, which both Harry and Meghan are heavily involved in supporting.
WATCH: The official trailer for Disneynature's Elephant and Dolphin Reef. Story continues below...
According to royal correspondent for Harper's Bazaar Omid Scobie the film, which will be released on Disney+ follows African elephant Shani and her son as their herd make an epic journey across the Kalahari Desert.
"Meghan recorded her narration in London last fall and was made aware of the project via mutual friends of the filmmakers," Omid tweeted.
Adding, "Despite speculative reporting, Meghan has no further deal with Disney ( be it superheroes of animated films!)"
The project is the Duchess' first proper foray back into the showbiz world after retiring from acting after her marriage into the Royal Family in 2018.
On March 31 Prince Harry and Meghan will officially step back from their roles as senior members of the Royal Family, however, completed their final engagement at the beginning of the month in London, attending the Commonwealth Day service at Westminster Abbey.
While the couple will continue to hold their titles as Duke and Duchess of Sussex, the couple will no longer actively use their 'HRH' styling, will no longer represent the Queen or Commonwealth in official engagements and will no longer receive funding from the Sovereign Grant.
- Celebrity NewsJay-Jay Feeney and Paul Flynn: our perfect friendship
Woman's DayJan 08, 2021
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to our exclusive screening of Penguin Bloom
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 27, 2020
- Celebrity NewsRobert Rakete's Christmas plans: 'It'll be a breeze!'
Woman's DayDec 25, 2020
- Celebrity NewsJase, Toni & Sam get festive with their four-legged friends
Woman's DayDec 21, 2020
- FamilyThe Terrace at Sylvia Park - what's on offer at this new dining destination
Now To LoveDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsShortland Street's Ben Barrington and Ngahuia Piripi's Christmas celebrations
Woman's DayDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsWendy Petrie and Matty McLean's festive cheer: 'Our hearts are so full'
Woman's DayDec 15, 2020
- Celebrity NewsKanoa Lloyd and Mike McRoberts' best Christmas ever
Woman's DayDec 14, 2020
- Celebrity NewsSoon I’ll be a dad to three under three! Sam Wallace shares his hopes and fears
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 11, 2020
- Celebrity NewsCarolyn Keep's little miracle: 'The baby I never thought I'd have'
Woman's DayDec 10, 2020
- RoyalsMeghan Markle reveals she miscarried her second child in a powerful personal essay
Now To LoveNov 26, 2020
- CompetitionsWin a Farro Hamper and a double pass to Happiest Season
Now To LoveNov 25, 2020
- CompetitionsWin the Ultimate Teeth Whitening Prize Pack thanks to Colgate Optic White
Woman's DayNov 23, 2020