As Princess Charlotte made her way to her first day of school, she looked a little shy as she held onto Duchess Catherine's hand and twirled her ponytail – and understandably so, the first day of school can be a nerve-wracking experience for any child!
The nerves quickly vanished however, likely thanks to some particularly reassuring words from her mum, which were spotted by some eagle-eared royal fans on Twitter.
As the Cambridge family, minus one-year-old Prince Louis, made their way into Thomas's Battersea Prince William can be heard telling the head of lower school Helen Haslem: "First day – she's very excited."
While Kate gave Charlotte some words of reassurance telling her, "George will help lead the way."
We're sure Charlotte felt all the more relaxed knowing she had her brother by her side!
Listen out for the cute moment below. Story continues below...
With Charlotte heading into school to begin reception - the class before Year 1 - the milestone day would have been all the more special for Kate, as she was forced to miss Prince George's first day in 2017, as she was suffering from hyperemesis gravidarum, a severe form of morning sickness while pregnant with Prince Louis.
Four-year-old Charlotte looked cute as a button in her brand new school uniform which features a navy skirt, white blouse and navy cardigan with the school's logo in red – she also added a very sparkly accessory to her school bag: a sequinned unicorn keychain!
Meanwhile George, six, whose first day at Thomas's Battersea was two years ago, led the way, hand-in-hand with Prince William.
According to a source who spoke to People, Charlotte couldn't wait to start "big school" with Prince George, with the source revealing her and George are incredibly close and spend a lot of time together.
Talking to Hello! royal biographer Penny Junor revealed George is a wonderful older brother saying, "Prince George is a very protective and lovely older brother.
"I'm sure he'll look after his little sister and take great pride in showing her the ropes."
Before heading to school Duchess Catherine snapped an adorable photo of her two eldest children, sharing it to Kensington Palace's Instagram page.
Taken on the steps outside their home at Kensington Palace, the two siblings grin at the cameras with their arms around each other.
Last year Kate also shared two photographs of Princess Charlotte at the same location on her first day of kindergarten at Willcocks Nursery.
For her first day in January 2018 she rocked red and pink, wrapped up in a red coat, red shoes and red ribbon in her hair, finished with a pink scarf and pink backpack.
It's incredible to see how much she's grown in just over a year!
See the transformation below.
The last time we got a glimpse of Princess Charlotte was when she joined her parents and older brother George at the inaugural King's Cup Regatta on the Isle of Wight in early August.
The two young Cambridges donned life jackets as they cheered on their parents from the water, who were competing in the charity sailing event.
Princess Charlotte also showed off her cheeky side, when she was spotted sticking out a tongue to the crowds below, much to the amusement of Kate.
It was later revealed she'd spotted her grandfather Michael Middleton in the crowd, and gives us a rare, adorable insight into their close relationship.
- Fashion TrendsThree spring clothing trends to welcome in the warmer weather
Now To LoveToday 4:12pm
- RoyalsThe date of Duchess Catherine and Prince William's tour to Pakistan has been revealed
Now To LoveToday 3:45pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan announces she's added another engagement to her South Africa tour itinerary
Now To LoveToday 10:20am
- BodyCould magnetic therapy be the solution to treating aches and pains?
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:15am
- BodyDr Libby on why we're overusing the word 'stressed' and how we should really be thinking about the term
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 12:00pm
- Family50 years on from the Manson murders Debra Tate speaks out about her sister Sharon's murder
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 10:00am
- TVHow Athena Angelou went from homeless to radio star in just a few short years
Woman's DayYesterday 7:55am
- Diet & NutritionHow to ensure you're putting the most nutritious grocery options in your trolley
Good Health ChoicesSep 21, 2019
- CareerWhy Jennifer Aniston is looking to the future with a new focus
Now To LoveSep 21, 2019
- RoyalsPrince Harry shares more details about his upcoming mental health TV series with Oprah
Now To LoveSep 20, 2019
- CareerMy life is stranger than fiction says NZ Children's Book Awards winner Bren MacDibble
New Zealand Woman's WeeklySep 20, 2019